Gordon Strachan

Elixir

Oh great another one where everybody throws their toys out of the pram instead of looking at things logically.

7 out of 8 good results in qualifying.

In Gord we trust.

So you consider two defeats to Germany as good results, when both Poland & Ireland were able to stuff them at home?

No wonder we fail if we seem to celebrate avoiding a thrashing, when others teams won't settle for less than a win....

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There should have been a boycott of SSC memberships to put pressure on the SFA to wield the axe. Not going to happen now.

30 quid to see us play Malta.

They are ripping the pish.

1320Lichtie, on 22 Jun 2016 - 22:15, said:

That manager would still have to play Alan Hutton at RB, Martin and Hanley as his best CHs by a mile, have a LB squad player at Watford as his most dangerous player and a guy who can't get a game for Sunderland as his best striker.

Be a tough job for Mourinho ffs.

Ireland hardly have world beaters at the back. They play like world beaters though. The number of late points and wins they get is testament to the attitude of the side.

So you consider two defeats to Germany as good results, when both Poland & Ireland were able to stuff them at home?

No wonder we fail if we seem to celebrate avoiding a thrashing, when others teams won't settle for less than a win....

I never said they were good results. I said 7 from 8 meaning all the wins and draws we got. Although in fairness I should've excluded the Gibraltar ones too. 5 from 6 then.

You could play that German team 20 times and no get a result off them. They're on a different planet from us.

1320Lichtie, on 22 Jun 2016 - 22:20, said:

I never said they were good results. I said 7 from 8 meaning all the wins and draws we got. Although in fairness I should've excluded the Gibraltar ones too. 5 from 6 then.

You could play that German team 20 times and no get a result off them. They're on a different planet from us.

They weren't on a different planet when they played us. We actually threw points away against them.

They weren't on a different planet when they played us. We actually threw points away against them.

I was at both games. They really were. Especially in the home one. How we were even as close as 1 goal by the end of that is anyone's guess. A pumping.

Whilst I'm on the fence on the Strachan issue I do see that 3 teams from our qualifying group have made it to the second stage of the finals, is there any other qualifying groups that have 3 teams in the next round?

For an earlier poster who said Ireland were shit......well I wouldn't go as far as to call them shit. They've picked up good results in the qualifiers and have just beaten Italy so I wouldn't go that far. Of course the Italians had their second string out but I'd probably still expect that 11 to beat us......which is suppose just loops back to my sitting on the fence regarding Strachan. Would I expect the Italy who turned up tonight to beat us because of him or due to the quality of player we have?

It only matters to compare what our competitors did in our group. By that definition, we failed. We just seem to lack backbone when it comes to the sharp end of campaigns.

If Gordon regains his mojo for the job, that he used to have, we can take confidence from that. However, constantly remarking about our "OK" players only serves to deflect his responsibility and does nothing for player confidence.

Oh great another one where everybody throws their toys out of the pram instead of looking at things logically.

7 out of 8 good results in qualifying.

In Gord we trust.

And still we are the only home nation not to be in France.  Get rid of the lot . Strachan, SFA, SPFL and all the useless fuckers who run the Largs jollyboys holiday camp. 

He's a bumbling idiot. The Scottish fans singing his name in Gibraltar after his abject failure and him getting a new contract sums up why we are where we are.

Failure is okay when it comes to Scotland managers. The fans sing your name, the association gives you a new contract. Wouldn't surprise me if we finished fourth in the World Cup group and he got yet another new deal.

The overwhelming majority of fans who were over in Faro for the Gibraltar game were on their feet, giving this man a hero's reception for a failed campaign.

Loser manager, loser fans.

A fucking minter.

I had flights and hotel booked for Faro but rubbered after the Poland game,

dont talk shite

During the last qualifying campaign and up to this Euros Germany lost 7 matches to France, Argentina,England, Ireland, Poland, Slovakia and the USA, they also managed to draw with Ireland and Australia.

3 of those teams will generally always be better than Scotland 5 of them shouldn't be.

Treating Germany games as a free shot whilst Poland and Ireland went for it cost us just as much as Georgia away and also demonstrably show that your point is utter nonsense.

We went for it as well. We scored 3 goals. Unfortunately we have a defence that contains Alan Hutton, Grant Hanley, Russell Martin, with Scott Brown sitting in front. Maybe if we had Coleman, O Shea, Clark and Ward, with McCarthy sitting Infront we could've held on for something but we don't.

1320Lichtie, on 22 Jun 2016 - 22:55, said:

We went for it as well. We scored 3 goals. Unfortunately we have a defence that contains Alan Hutton, Grant Hanley, Russell Martin, with Scott Brown sitting in front. Maybe if we had Coleman, O Shea, Clark and Ward, with McCarthy sitting Infront we could've held on for something but we don't.

That defence you mention is quite clearly not that much better than ours. They're just far more motivated and play with much more belief.

That defence you mention is quite clearly not that much better than ours. They're just far more motivated and play with much more belief.

Coleman is much better than Hutton, it's not even close

O Shea is better than Martin

Clark is better than Hanley

Ward is better than Whittaker/Mulgrew who played. Better than Robertson defensively.

McCarthy on a different level to Brown.

He's a bumbling idiot. The Scottish fans singing his name in Gibraltar after his abject failure and him getting a new contract sums up why we are where we are.

Failure is okay when it comes to Scotland managers. The fans sing your name, the association gives you a new contract. Wouldn't surprise me if we finished fourth in the World Cup group and he got yet another new deal.

It's fine though, because we drank the place dry.

No Scotland, no party.

Whae's like us?

Coleman is much better than Hutton, it's not even close

O Shea is better than Martin

Clark is better than Hanley

Ward is better than Whittaker/Mulgrew who played. Better than Robertson defensively.

McCarthy on a different level to Brown.

Brown shouldn't be playing for a start, so there's a Strachan failing. Robertson is actually pretty decent defensively and no worse than ward. O'Shea and Clark are bombscares and capable of doing the exact same as what we've done against the likes of Poland and Germany. They don't because they're capable of playing above their clear limitations while we aren't. 

I can agree on Coleman.

Archived