First game of next season

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who do you want your club to face in the first game of next season? Hopefully we avoid Falkirk so we don't have potentially a whole month of a car crash thread. I'd like us to have Dumbarton at home.

I remember fondly the last time you had us in the first game of the season.

A repeat of that would be lovely.

Who do you want your club to face in the first game of next season? Hopefully we avoid Falkirk so we don't have potentially a whole month of a car crash thread. I'd like us to have Dumbarton at home.

If you and Bambers stay out of the match threads then they would be fine ooooooooooooh that's a zinger!!!!

seriously though, I'd imagine they will try and start off with rather 'mundane' ties which is going to be hard in this league. Ayr or Dumbarton away probably, would have had Morton as probable first pick but played them last year in the first game.

Having gave it minimal thought I've come to the conclusion that any from Ayr, Dundee Utd, Dunfermline, Hibs, Raith or St Mirren would be decent home or away.

Dumbarton, QOS or Morton would be a big pile of shit.

From that we have a 2/3 chance of a decent 1st game

Hibs at home would be good, big crowd to start the season off.

Dumbarton would be good to try get off to a good start against our main rival for survival.

Dundee United either home or away would be good as well.

Archived