Group G

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Missed out on the 2 away games we wanted, albeit we have Ayr in the division anyway.

Only positive is our 2 home games are winnable and we have a good record at Livi.

It's hard to get excited about this though, hopefully the clubs can come up with a decent ticketing initiative? ST holders can get a ticket to the 4 games for £30 or something like that? 

Getting Hamilton first at home could be good, we will, as well as them, be an unknown quantity and we could cause an upset. Away to st Mirren will be hard, but who knows how that will go. You'd then be looking for minimum 4 points from Edinburgh and Livi.

The optimist in me:

Hamilton 1 point

St Mirren 1 point

Edinburgh 3 points

Livingston 3 points

Be interesting to see the crowds.

Two seasons ago we had two home draws in rounds one and two. Arbroath - 730

Alloa - 694

The Alloa game came after we'd won three Premier games in a row.

Now we have to play five games to reach the quarter finals, then it was three and last season it was only two as we entered in round two.

I still think it's a nonsense and a rip off.

Getting Hamilton first at home could be good, we will, as well as them, be an unknown quantity and we could cause an upset. Away to st Mirren will be hard, but who knows how that will go. You'd then be looking for minimum 4 points from Edinburgh and Livi.

The optimist in me:

Hamilton 1 point

St Mirren 1 point

Edinburgh 3 points

Livingston 3 points

You're forgetting the possibility of penalty shootout bonus points - and we have Greg Fleming! (That would've been another reason to have kept big Andy Graham!)

You're forgetting the possibility of penalty shootout bonus points - and we have Greg Fleming! (That would've been another reason to have kept big Andy Graham!)

Completely forgot about that daft rule hahaha.

• 1 month later...

What would folk rather have - progress from their League Cup group or a good start to the league season? I'd take 9-12 points from our first four league games over the cup any day.

Archived