Jimmy Bone

The first football song I remember singing was during his managerial reign at St Mirren. It went something like:

' Bone Must Go! '

And he went soon after. Had a good tache though.

I remember him for being Airdrie manager, during this time I'm sure he was done for drunk driving and blamed the bar staff for selling him proper Tennents Lager instead of the Tennents LA he had requested.

I remember singing at Broomfield "Jimmy drinks the L.A, Jimmy drinks the L.A!"  To the tune Lets go fecking mental.

No Becks Blue back in those days, to be seen or admitting to drinking Tennents L.A was worthy of ridicule and a terracing chant.

I remember being at a game at Pittodrie in early 2000's, it may well have been when we were ground sharing there, the group I was travelling with had hired our own wee mini bus so there was a lot of alcohol consumed on the journey, I think I'd been out the night before too so I was pretty drunk.

We were in the stadium before kick off and somebody mentioned that at the back of the stand was Jimmy Bone, doing press/radio commentary.  He'd just been sacked by c*unty recently, perhaps even during the week before so I decided to give him some stick about horses/carts/farmers/tinks/being sacked, etc.

Being quite drunk I yelled whatever I had to say at him very loudly - everyone heard it, I have no idea what it was I said but it caused a hell of a lot of hilarity, which spurred me on.  So I carried on - more laughter, and then Jimmy started to go red with everyone laughing at whatever was said.  The thing is once I realised he was going red I pointed this out to everyone (loudly), everyone was pissing themselves and he went proper beetroot.  Poor guy!  He looked like he wanted the ground to swallow him up.  After he'd given my cheeky @r5e a good kicking first!

I think I felt a bit sorry for him when I sobered up the next day.

Apparently scoring in one of the biggest games in our club's history counts for nothing, because he didn't chuck Kenny fucking Arthur on for an end of season affair against Livi.

Apparently scoring in one of the biggest games in our club's history counts for nothing, because he didn't chuck Kenny fucking Arthur on for an end of season affair against Livi.

Well it clearly says far more about his character than scoring a goal does. 

Archived