Superstition’s?

Nugent4nil

With Beith and Pollok supporters sphincter’s working overtime as Sunday approaches I wondered if any of you had superstitious etc that you will stick to on the big day.
I know when Arthurlie won the Scottish in 98 I had bought a macaroon bar at the opening game and gave it to a guy I was with, I bought one and gave him it for every round and was at his house the morning of the final telling his wife she HAD to make sure Stevie got his macaroon and took it to the game!
A friend of mine wore the same coat for every round and was sat in the stand at Fir Park on that roasting hot day with the sweat lashing off him in his big duffle coat.
I must confess that one year I had refused to shave until Arthurlie were knocked out of the cup, at the stage where I looked like Captain Haddock from Tin-Tin I had to go to a work night out and decided to get said beard trimmed as bits of food and other things were in amongst the fuzz and I blamed myself for Arthurlie’s defeat in the next round.
Anyone have any strange rituals of superstition’s they stick to when their team are doing well?

With Beith and Pollok supporters sphincter’s working overtime as Sunday approaches I wondered if any of you had superstitious etc that you will stick to on the big day.

I know when Arthurlie won the Scottish in 98 I had bought a macaroon bar at the opening game and gave it to a guy I was with, I bought one and gave him it for every round and was at his house the morning of the final telling his wife she HAD to make sure Stevie got his macaroon and took it to the game!

A friend of mine wore the same coat for every round and was sat in the stand at Fir Park on that roasting hot day with the sweat lashing off him in his big duffle coat.

I must confess that one year I had refused to shave until Arthurlie were knocked out of the cup, at the stage where I looked like Captain Haddock from Tin-Tin I had to go to a work night out and decided to get said beard trimmed as bits of food and other things were in amongst the fuzz and I blamed myself for Arthurlie’s defeat in the next round.

Anyone have any strange rituals of superstition’s they stick to when their team are doing well?

Surely just a bit forward,Nuge.  :huh:  Still,interesting euphemism.  :)

• 3 months later...

I've took to wearing a Captain's hat, I was asked to help out on the gate not long after I'd come back off holiday, I thought it would be quirky to look like a tit & it certainly got a few comments, so I wore it at the following match selling the programmes, then I left it at home the next match after the missus said I look like a twat, we lost that match, whereas we hadn't lost any during my hat stage.

I put it back on & we are back to winning ways.

hat.jpg

Grimbo

Archived