Ardeer Thistle and Saltcoats Vics

RussianStandard

Good source today from both parties clarifying to me a proposal to the league for both teams to join together and move into a new stadium which is in process of being built at the back of the new KFC in Stevenston/Kilwinning. I heard this story a while back but thought was nonsense, can anyone else confirm this for me? Heavily investment from Booth Welsh and the guy who owns all the chip shops and new ice cream shop in Irvine. Would be fantastic to see but sad to see old Ardeer park and Vics park go to waste as proposal for new houses been granted.

Spoke to Peter from Ardeer and he confirmed this is on the table. Could be interesting

So the stadium that`s being built behind KFC (but it isn`t...) is going to be gifted to the new amalgamated Ardeer Vics by the generous developer who is picking up the tab for the stadium that`s being built (it isn`t ....) and they are going to recover their development costs through the increased gate revenues from the amalgamation of both clubs supporters....sounds like a winner to me.... :blink:  

So the stadium that`s being built behind KFC (but it isn`t...) is going to be gifted to the new amalgamated Ardeer Vics by the generous developer who is picking up the tab for the stadium that`s being built (it isn`t ....) and they are going to recover their development costs through the increased gate revenues from the amalgamation of both clubs supporters....sounds like a winner to me.... :blink:

Pretty much sums it up to me.

A big name manager with Derek Frye and Gareth Armstrong assisting, rumoured to be the Glenafton coach but will find out in the Local Herald this week

I doubt that.

If they did this without informing the media very few people of either Stevenson or Saltcoats would be aware that 'their' clubs had gone.

Rangers?

Saltcoats ground is in a bizarre place anyway. There's nothing round it.

Ardeer Stadium would be fantastic if they attracted a big crowd.

Rangers?

Saltcoats ground is in a bizarre place anyway. There's nothing round it.

Ardeer Stadium would be fantastic if they attracted a big crowd.

Ground share makes sense both clubs have issues with either facilities , pitch flooding or vandalism.

Merger..don't see where anybody will support this community wise. If you look at lowland league though there seems to be quite a few clubs existing without a fan base... maybe it could be done.

Would be great I think. I've suggested the idea before back in the early 90s when things weren't going well. It has my backing, will maybe take 2/3 years to get a good team together mind you. The glenafton manager story is a lot of shit I hear

Ardeer's Ground is open on 3 sides to non-paying spectators  ... only genuine fans would pay at the turnstiles.    Campbell Park only needs some rain cover for spectators and a couple more Portakabins and the pitch itself can be improved to the same level as Troon's with a little investment.

Archived