Rangers - What should the sanctions be?

261 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Another statement issued from Ibrox tonight.....obviously the SFA, Polis, Courts and Media didn't realise that the first Rangers statement was an order for them to take action, so a shouty reminder has had to come out to make clear what was expected....

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In reality, away from Rangers completely unsupported allegations about six players and spitting, the charge sheet is:

Hibs:

1. Fans entering the pitch.

2. One fan slapping Lee Wallace.

3. Damage to goalposts and pitch.

4. Fans inciting the Rangers end and fighting Rangers fans on the pitch.

Rangers:

1. Fans entering the pitch.

2. Fans attacking Hibs fans on the pitch.

3. Sectarian chanting.

4. Flares

Not sure anyone comes out of it any better than anyone else to be honest. You could argue Rangers were to blame as Hibs misbehaviour ultimately amounted to, at most, three or four punters slapping the Rangers players while 500 or so Rangers fans went looking for a scrap and the majority joined in with sectarian chanting. Or you could hold the equally valid view that if Hibs hadn't invaded the pitch it would've all been avoided, regardless of how "understandable" you feel it may have been in the circumstances.

The SFA and the authorities charge sheet on the other hand should be a lot bigger. Stewards and Police standing aside to let more fans on the pitch with fighting all over the place. Crazy.

Hibs fans could have stayed in the stands, and the smoke bombs/flares would still have been let off (after having got past the no doubt extensive security)

Hibs fans could have stayed at home, and the disgusting sound of sectarian bawling would have carried on.

So tax payers money being put to good use while norman the Killie  :lol: fan searches 'all day' for videos of Rangers fans being smacked aboot, never mind the playoff game  :lol:

Your searching skills are obviously a bit shite, there are photos and videos (an example below) all over the internet of Hibs fans celebrating winning a cup by throwing punches at Rangers players, ripping up the pitch and breaking the goalposts, are you going to condemn this or does your loathing of all things Rangers prevent you from seeing this?

https://twitter.com/STVPaul/status/734326905130909696

Or, possibly, my Internet access is restricted, hence why i've asked elsewhere for illumination on, for example, the rangers' latest statement. Maybe you can help me out, perhaps by copying and pasting a picture of this punch being thrown at a the rangers player? Or even copy and paste your Lords and Masters' latest list of demands to Scottish Football.

You could really help by detailing what injuries have been received by the poor wee footballers, maybe with photographic evidence - you know, the kind your players have tweeted almost immediately in the past, showing the almost-fatal wounds sustained when opposition players had the temerity to tackle them?

Both teams need to get punished here.

Rangers fans were goaded but broke the rules as soon as they responded and set foot on the pitch, the Rangers statement should have mentioned this.

Hibs fans should not have been on the pitch but even worse attacking players, so far I have seen evidence of fans pushing Wes with Wes then be saved from further violence by a steward and Lee Wallace taking a rap in the face, reports of Kenny Miller getting a slap and Jason Holt too and Rangers staff possibly spat on. Then we have the mindless damage to the pitch and the goalposts, all in an utterly bizarre way to celebrate winning a cup final, they will get absolutely hammered for this, the SFA will act fairly quickly I imagine.

The SFA also need to look at themselves, it should never have been allowed to happen.

Surely it's the job of the police to prevent pitch encroachment not the SFA, hee-haw the SFA could do to prevent it. The big fat middle aged Rangers moron pictured on the BBC news tonight holding a young boy with a Hibs scarf while goading who I assume was his father to come ahead is a total blight on society and should be locked up. Yes there were thousands of Hibees on the pitch however what little footage there us of actual fighting appears to show pretty equal numbers from both sides involved. Blame on both sides but probably imo 60/40 Hibs fault. Rangers have done themselves no favours praising their fans "restraint".

Victim FC just released a statement, shocked and appalled by the 'goading' and 'verbal assaults'.

Absolute mess they have released, who is writing this stuff for them, thought it was a parody account, but no it's on the official site

Lee Wallace is already on his arse, no doubt he just decided to sit down?, meanwhile the thug has a pop at Holt, there is another video of our goalkeeper being dragged to safety after being goaded and shoved by other fans.  This is utterly unacceptable.

I have had no problems condemning any Rangers fans who came onto the pitch, there is, as I have already said no excuse for it.

Fair play - missed Wallace in that. The same roaster hit him then took a swing at Holt. Completely out of line, no doubt he'll be in the jail soon if he isn't already. It's temoting to say "it's only one guy" but it doesn't change anything, it still happened.

Foderingham got a bit of a shove FFS, is it right? Obviously not but it's hardly the end of the world. He'll have received worse during the game.

Your own club just released a statement justifying the actions of the Rangers support. How does that make you feel, in all seriousness?

That statement is an absolute embarrassment. Hibs fans coming into the pitch was wrong, Rangers fans reacting to it was wrong. But the club can't say that.

The sad thing is that the majority of Rangers fans will lap this stuff up.

Can someone post the footage of Inverness and St Johnstone fans invading the pitch after their recent Scottish Cup victories, I'd love to see their "exuberance"

Any rangers fans complaining about yesterday would do well to remember the riots in manchester. You arent a bunch of angels yourselves.[/quote

Rangers were rightly criticised by all concerned, why are so many intent to sweeping yesterday under the carpet?

Rangers should be fined for the sectarian songs (won't happen), the smoke bombs (may happen) and their part in the pitch invasion (certain to happen).

Hibs should be fined for the pitch invasion and for the Rangers players being assaulted. I suspect both these will happen, and the perpetrators charged accordingly when and if identified.

That statement, though - bloody hell. Not only does it deflect away from everything, but is designed purely to engage anger amongst the fans by printing untruths. Embarrassing.

LfWoSDQ.jpg

Think people need to get real on this. Scenes like this should not be happening at the end of the Scottish cup final and if it wasn't Rangers players in this picture most of the people posting on here would be singing a different tune. The SFA and the police need to get this sorted ASAP or next time it could be the full-blown 1980 scenario of two support fighting a pitched battle on live TV.

CjEcV5VWgAA1rhC.jpg

CjEcV8mXAAIh1Jk.jpg

Wonder what the Rangers have to say about pictures like this. Hopefully someone can help the police identify this mutant.

I believe it would go along the lines of:

We acknowledge that a tiny minority of Rangers fans also encroached on the pitch but only after having been faced with prolonged and severe provocation and in order to protect our players and officials who were being visibly attacked in front of them. Any club’s supporters would have done the same.

CjEcV8mXAAIh1Jk.jpg

Wonder what the Rangers have to say about pictures like this. Hopefully someone can help the police identify this mutant.

Clearly, this gentleman has just bowled a cricket ball. 

Or, possibly, my Internet access is restricted, hence why i've asked elsewhere for illumination on, for example, the rangers' latest statement. Maybe you can help me out, perhaps by copying and pasting a picture of this punch being thrown at a the rangers player? Or even copy and paste your Lords and Masters' latest list of demands to Scottish Football.

You could really help by detailing what injuries have been received by the poor wee footballers, maybe with photographic evidence - you know, the kind your players have tweeted almost immediately in the past, showing the almost-fatal wounds sustained when opposition players had the temerity to tackle them?

Your rhetoric about the Rangers players - or to quote 'the poor wee footballers' - is really unnecessary and frankly it's just ignorant mate. There are many on here who give you a hard time but as I've mentioned before I largely appreciate your posts and think you talk sense. In this case, and in this thread, you have largely just spouted nonsense, however.

Rangers players and staff were attacked on the field by Hibs fans. That's a fact. There are many videos showing this. Does it not suit your narrative?

That statement is an absolute embarrassment. Hibs fans coming into the pitch was wrong, Rangers fans reacting to it was wrong. But the club can't say that.

The sad thing is that the majority of Rangers fans will lap this stuff up.

No. The sad thing is that some footballers were literally physically assaulted after the game. And fans (on both ends) looked for trouble and found it. The Rangers statement is a bit of an irrelevance in comparison. I'm not saying it was word-for-word perfect or anything, but the real story is the physical violence that transpired and both clubs - working with the police - should throw the book at whoever was involved.

So tax payers money being put to good use while norman the Killie  :lol: fan searches 'all day' for videos of Rangers fans being smacked aboot, never mind the playoff game  :lol:

Your searching skills are obviously a bit shite, there are photos and videos (an example below) all over the internet of Hibs fans celebrating winning a cup by throwing punches at Rangers players, ripping up the pitch and breaking the goalposts, are you going to condemn this or does your loathing of all things Rangers prevent you from seeing this?

https://twitter.com/STVPaul/status/734326905130909696

I see one attempt at a punch, and a group of fans (Hibs, I assume) pulling the buffoon back. I don't see any connection. I assume you're keeping the juicy, near-fatal gang charges on the the rangers players for some kind of grand reveal?

Any pics of the mortal wounds received by your heroes yet?

Lee Wallace is already on his arse, no doubt he just decided to sit down?, meanwhile the thug has a pop at Holt, there is another video of our goalkeeper being dragged to safety after being goaded and shoved by other fans.  This is utterly unacceptable.

I have had no problems condemning any Rangers fans who came onto the pitch, there is, as I have already said no excuse for it.

Let's see it then. You know bennett's rules...

I see one attempt at a punch, and a group of fans (Hibs, I assume) pulling the buffoon back. I don't see any connection. I assume you're keeping the juicy, near-fatal gang charges on the the rangers players for some kind of grand reveal?

Any pics of the mortal wounds received by your heroes yet?

Switch the sides around. Tell me your opinion if it was Rangers fans doing that.

I'm actually surprised you're being so ignorant WRK. I thought you had more objective intelligence than that. 

Archived