Rangers - What should the sanctions be?

261 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you believe your club was right in praising your fans response to the alleged severe provocation?

Yes and no.

The vast majority stayed put, it could've been a hell of a lot worse. So in that part I agree with it.

The club should have added a bit to the statement about the dozens who went on to the pitch and started boxing with the hibees. Not acceptable.

Also a number of bears went out to try and get the idiots back in (videos in match thread)

Also reports from our forums about fans not being able to leave due to police and stewards entering.

The police and SFA have a lot to answer for.

Hibs are of course blameless.

There should be minimal if any sanctions for Rangers if we are being brutally honest here and common sense is applied. The only issue for them is that a small number of their fans also invaded the pitch in response to the thousands of Hibs fans who were already on, in their faces goading them and in some cases, attacking their players.

I think if people are being honest with themselves and remove the anti-Rangers blinkers then they will realise that the Hibs fans were the only ones to blame yesterday. Some people just want Rangers/Sevco punished because they are Rangers/Sevco.

Clearly a Rangers fan, stop pretending to support Motherwell

So is the pie and bovril stance that rangers were fully to blame for this ?

No, Hibs are largely to blame. The pitch invasion is understandable, but attacking Rangers players isnt on.

Rangers fans not being able to take a defeat and coming onto the park to try scrap with hibs fans isnt on either. Take the defeat on the chin and leave no need for trying to start fights.

No, Hibs are largely to blame. The pitch invasion is understandable, but attacking Rangers players isnt on.

Rangers fans not being able to take a defeat and coming onto the park to try scrap with hibs fans isnt on either. Take the defeat on the chin and leave no need for trying to start fights.

Hear, Hear.

Both teams need to get punished here.

Rangers fans were goaded but broke the rules as soon as they responded and set foot on the pitch, the Rangers statement should have mentioned this.

Hibs fans should not have been on the pitch but even worse attacking players, so far I have seen evidence of fans pushing Wes with Wes then be saved from further violence by a steward (1) and Lee Wallace taking a rap in the face(2), reports of Kenny Miller getting a slap(3) and Jason Holt too and Rangers staff possibly spat on(4).  Then we have the mindless damage to the pitch and the goalposts, all in an utterly bizarre way to celebrate winning a cup final, they will get absolutely hammered for this, the SFA will act fairly quickly I imagine.

The SFA also need to look at themselves, it should never have been allowed to happen.

So.....

1. Link?

2. Is that the Hibby with the five-yard right hook?

3. Link, please, which doesn't originate in your poor, victimised clumpany or its acolytes? I've been looking all day, as it would maybe help form an opinion on the rights and wrongs of this affair.

4. Seriously? :lol: :lol: :lol:

"You have been found guilty of a heinous crime, the prescribed sentence for which is a minimum ten years. Do you have anything to say for yourself?"

"Aye, Yeronner, ah wiz goaded."

"Fair enough. Six months tagged, now off you go."

Absolutely pathetic.

Agree with that entirely, however the very audible sectarian singing should also be addressed by the sfa, all in all embarrassing scenes.

that was just people exercising their human rights,any attempt to stop them is creepy.

Agree with that entirely, however the very audible sectarian singing should also be addressed by the sfa, all in all embarrassing scenes.

I find it strange that commentators apologise (!) when mikes pick up the odd expletive from fans - perfectly understandable, and easily missed if attention isn't drawn to it - yet laud the great atmosphere created by fans of the sisters, as they glorify violence, hatred and racism, at full volume, for every minute they're in the ground, as well as while they're swaggering like a homeless convention through Scotland's towns and cities. The promotion of any BigotFest which crops up as some kind of Apocalyptic battle doesn't help, either - it's not as if the majority of the players (especially on the side that can still afford a few decent foreigners) or managers give a shite about the history, and the clubs never tire of telling us how hard they're working to eradicate the cancer....

You have been looking all day?

While your club :lol: have been in a play off match for top flight survival?  Why does that not surprise me.

Maybe because I'm at work?

(You don't have to put the word "club" in italics, btw - we're not some ersatz mishmash of an embarrassment, just an honest wee team with 147 years of undisputably unbroken history)

Any answers to my queries, then?

In reality, away from Rangers completely unsupported allegations about six players and spitting, the charge sheet is:

Hibs:

1. Fans entering the pitch.

2. One fan slapping Lee Wallace.

3. Damage to goalposts and pitch.

4. Fans inciting the Rangers end and fighting Rangers fans on the pitch.

Rangers:

1. Fans entering the pitch.

2. Fans attacking Hibs fans on the pitch.

3. Sectarian chanting.

4. Flares

Not sure anyone comes out of it any better than anyone else to be honest. You could argue Rangers were to blame as Hibs misbehaviour ultimately amounted to, at most, three or four punters slapping the Rangers players while 500 or so Rangers fans went looking for a scrap and the majority joined in with sectarian chanting. Or you could hold the equally valid view that if Hibs hadn't invaded the pitch it would've all been avoided, regardless of how "understandable" you feel it may have been in the circumstances.

The SFA and the authorities charge sheet on the other hand should be a lot bigger. Stewards and Police standing aside to let more fans on the pitch with fighting all over the place. Crazy.

So tax payers money being put to good use while norman the Killie  :lol: fan searches 'all day' for videos of Rangers fans being smacked aboot, never mind the playoff game  :lol:

Your searching skills are obviously a bit shite, there are photos and videos (an example below) all over the internet of Hibs fans celebrating winning a cup by throwing punches at Rangers players, ripping up the pitch and breaking the goalposts, are you going to condemn this or does your loathing of all things Rangers prevent you from seeing this?

https://twitter.com/STVPaul/status/734326905130909696

It shows one Hibs fan, throwing a punch at one Rangers player. 

Which is obviously awful, and Hibs will be hammered for it. I've no idea what's to be gained by exaggerating though.

I don't think anyone should be kidding themselves that if that roaster hadn't thrown a punch, then there wouldn't have been fights beween fans though.

Archived