Rangers - What should the sanctions be?

261 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If it can be proven that Hibs fans attacked Rangers players (which seems it did, but need bomb-proof evidence to charge I guess), then this should be the only difference relating to the pitch invasions, replacing the missing pitch and goals aside. Both sides invaded the pitch after all, regardless of the numbers involves from each lot.  That said, have the authorities already set a precedent when they failed to fine Hearts when one of their fans attacked Neil Lennon?

Rangers should then face further but separate charges relating to both the chanting and pyro incidents.  All in all, probably not much difference in levels of fine at the end of it all, but Rangers could feasibly be hit with the more of the two if chanting plus pyro equates to more than the fans vs players incident (although I can't see the SFA being that ballsy).  Just imagine the seethe from the Big Hoose.  The entire world wide web could crash, sending the world into utter self-destruction.

Did the Hearts fan that attacked Lennon not get several years in jail? For what it's worth - and I agree both are wrong - I find singing songs and setting off flares to be almost incidental in regards to actually attacking playing staff.

Another point worth considering - if you take the average number of genuine Hibs supporters who follow their club on a regular basis, and put it against the number of Hibs 'fans' at the Cup Final, the figures might tell a tale that Hibs and their real supporters had very little to do with any of the bother. I'm not saying total innocence, but it's worth looking at.

Utter conjecture. 

Should be remembered that Sevco fans were the ones that started the fighting, regardless of whether they were being provoked. Expecting a hefty punishment for both clubs.

No. They weren't. 

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Course they were. We rightfully ran on in celebration and you felt the need to come and attack us.

Your fans illegally ran on the pitch in celebration and then a bunch of your fans ran towards the Rangers support purely to provoke them after physically assaulting some of the Rangers players and staff. If I'm wrong in that then I'll apologise but from the videos I've seen it's pretty much just fact. 

Did the Hearts fan that attacked Lennon not get several years in jail? For what it's worth - and I agree both are wrong - I find singing songs and setting off flares to be almost incidental in regards to actually attacking playing staff.

Utter conjecture.

No. They weren't.

As far as I remember he was acquitted. I think you're thinking of the letterbombers.

Ha, point taken.

I don't think I've ever heard Buddhist doctrine being preached at a game before though.

Were you not at the game when we beat you in the cup 2003. I'm sure I had a few Buddha references during the penalties kicks 

Your fans illegally ran on the pitch in celebration and then a bunch of your fans ran towards the Rangers support purely to provoke them after physically assaulting some of the Rangers players and staff. If I'm wrong in that then I'll apologise but from the videos I've seen it's pretty much just fact. 

That maybe true, however the Stranger Dangers came on the pitch for 1 reason only,  I'll let you work out the reason.

Hibs fans that ran on the pitch did so illegally but if they'd stayed in their own half of the pitch I don't think anyone could have held it against them. Most of them just had a grand time. The few hundred that went to wind up the Stranger Dangers were being c***s but I'm just not having this notion that any of them ran on for the purpose of protecting players.

The players were already long off the park by then. They were on the park to fight with the Hibs fans giving them a roasting. This is where the issue is and that's why their own fans part in the bother should not be understated, as well as the background of sectarian filth as a final "f**k you f*nians". 

I don't see why the peepul after all these years are still so keen to protect this element of their support. Perhaps because it makes up a bigger share of it than they care to admit. 

Both clubs will get hammered and the Stranger Dangers are 'inevitably' going to spit the dummy about the anti-protestant SFA once again. 

Did the Hearts fan that attacked Lennon not get several years in jail?

Cleared of assault, 8 months for breach of the peace. I watched some political programme last night and the heid high yin copper on there reckoned that anyone who threw a punch would get jailed and everyone who damaged the pitch or goals would be looking at big fines, community service or jail time.

I blame Willie! If he hadn't written this call to arms, the The Rangers fans would have stayed where they were. "We face dangers" ...

"We don't do walking away..."

Except with little children.

Eta: I like that awkward gap he leaves after "We are Rangers, we're no strangers..."

Cleared of assault, 8 months for breach of the peace. I watched some political programme last night and the heid high yin copper on there reckoned that anyone who threw a punch would get jailed and everyone who damaged the pitch or goals would be looking at big fines, community service or jail time.

I think your man from the polis is talking a lot of pish. The courts and jails would be rammed if that were true. I think they're already on a mission to steer folk away from rank inadequacy on their part. Moreover, the letting off of flares is a far greater risk to wider public safety than some over exuberant Hibee lifting a dod of turf or sitting on a crossbar.

Then there's the offensive singing and language which went on right through the match. I hope they're going to lift everyone involved and not just target a couple of easy hits.

And I trust they're going to apply the law consistently for years to come - in which case we're going to need a bigger jail.

arse will be booted for :

A: Pyro & Banned Song ...

B: Fans on the park regardless of who was on it first. also seen clearly kicking hibs fan on the ground.

C: That statement from sevco brings the game into disrepute and its lambasting the SFA et al.

Hammering on the cards for them and hivs

Glad to see Rangers standing up for themselves- about time. The Scottish elite have decided that there is no place in modern Scotland for people of a certain cultural and political heritage- most of whom are rangers fans.

At every turn this group of people are mocked and ridiculed, their political outlooks criticised and challenged at every turn. Sectarian language is used to refer to this group of people by folk who wouldn't dare use equivalent terms about any other group.

Such abuse is evident on a daily basis on here. The way people are trying to paint rangers fans as the Villans of this episode shows the absolute blind hatred and irrationality that exists.

Fair play to Rangers for making a stand.

Can set my stop watch for the first person to accuse me of being a closet Rangers fanZzzzzz

dont blame them probably sick of the bullshit attatched to that club.

anyone thats not one of them is a "F***** B@#$/@^" and they feel the need to shout it from the rooftops at any given opportunity.

the paedophile choir is another reason yet they forget people of their own faith are not innocent in this instance ie ian paisley at kincora.

that post reeks of irony....

strangely enough that lots awnsers on lennon being attacked and being sent bullets and what not it was funny and " He brings it on himself" yet when one of them gets punched *allegedly* they want hibs banned fae europe , kicked out the scottish cup and the rest.

all those tv cameras and not one video of a player being punched?

i know theres a photo of lee wallace kneeling down but does not show a punch, no black eye photos have appeared like he and others are supposed to have.

im guessing the fans on the park from the rangers end was they pesky chelsea fans again that also ran riot in manchester hahaha.

ambulance chasers eh

There should be minimal if any sanctions for Rangers if we are being brutally honest here and common sense is applied. The only issue for them is that a small number of their fans also invaded the pitch in response to the thousands of Hibs fans who were already on, in their faces goading them and in some cases, attacking their players.

I think if people are being honest with themselves and remove the anti-Rangers blinkers then they will realise that the Hibs fans were the only ones to blame yesterday. Some people just want Rangers/Sevco punished because they are Rangers/Sevco.

smoke bombs, sectarian singing, invading the pitch and several assaults, including several fans kicking a guy lying on the ground. Nah, nothing to see here

Glad to see Rangers standing up for themselves- about time. The Scottish elite have decided that there is no place in modern Scotland for people of a certain cultural and political heritage- most of whom are rangers fans.

At every turn this group of people are mocked and ridiculed, their political outlooks criticised and challenged at every turn. Sectarian language is used to refer to this group of people by folk who wouldn't dare use equivalent terms about any other group.

Such abuse is evident on a daily basis on here. The way people are trying to paint rangers fans as the Villans of this episode shows the absolute blind hatred and irrationality that exists.

Can set my stop watch for the first person to accuse me of being a closet Rangers fanZzzzzz

Nothing closet about it. Both sets of fans are the villans here. Hibs fans for attacking Rangers players and Rangers fans for being a horrible bunch that forget it is only game. Rangers fans are quite evidently more than happy to dish it out but can't take it back. No place in football for these folk who can't take a 'get it up ye' without resorting to violence. Hibs & Rangers have no leg to stand on and the statement Rangers released was and still is an embarrassment from start to finish.

I have yet to see footage of a Rangers fans making a beeline for one of their players in order to "protect" them on Saturday. Until you or any of your fellow Rangers fans provide evidence of such, I will still have them down as the most vile bunch of supporters in Scotland. Now it seems like the hierarchy are pandering to these mutants that follow the club.

It won't be long until Protestant Unionists are forced to sit at the back of the bus. 

Archived