• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised nobody's mentioned the big boy Douglas at Girvan. Could play at a higher level no problem!

Beith fans were impressed with him in the 2 games we played against him in the Scottish this season

Yes, no doubt that we have a plethora of goalkeeping talent in our grade. It will be no surprise that I will be giving big Andy Leishman my vote. All these keepers mentioned can have their spectacular saves and have great shot stopping ability, but there are three aspects of the big man's game that puts him head and shoulders above. That leads me nicely onto the first point, presence! Andy is massive a huge physical presence on the pitch. Second, temperament, the big guy is cool as a cucumber, never gets involved in any nonsense and concentrates on his game. Leads me on to the last point, consistency, he came to Talbot as a young keeper and had some moments during certain games. That has all but been eradicated and the big guy rarely makes a mistake. Oh, and fielding, let's make it four points, Leishman can throw or kick the ball the length of the pitch. Best goalie I have seen at Talbot, and that is against very stiff competition.

Big Andy has been the best in the juniors for a few seasons now and imo continues to be the best at this level he has everything in his locker and a great guy off the pitch

I have.

Leishman

All about opinions mate, and Leishman is a cracking big keeper.

But I've always thought Ally to be the best in the Juniors, and I said that way before he ever signed for us! Was cracking at Glenafton & Cumnock, and a top lad as well.

Speaking of keepers that grumpy old sod of a troon groundsman gus was up to his antics last night.

At half time I went round behind the town end top goals on my way for a hotdog and at the corner of the ground he seemed to be coming out of a wee groundsmands hut.

He bawled at the troon sub goalie for being in the goalmouth while saving shots from the outfield subs and the goalie was so nice and a bit scared with his shout back of " im catching ï¸only and not diving " . Gus then marched behind the goals with a raging face and acted as ball boy for stray shots over the bar and the scorn on his face was unreal .

I know the guy keeps a good pitch but what a miserable and grumpy guy and the sub goalie should have gave him a mouthful back for me as the way he spoke to him was terrible.

Archived