Derbies Next Season

With 3 new clubs in SPFL2 next season, what are people thinking will be the derby games - particularly at New Year? Presuming something like:

Annan-Clyde

Arbroath-Montrose

Berwick-Edinburgh City

Cowdenbeath-Stirling

Elgin-Forfar

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With 3 new clubs in SPFL2 next season, what are people thinking will be the derby games - particularly at New Year? Presuming something like:

Annan-Queen's Park

Arbroath-Montrose

Berwick-Edinburgh City

Cowdenbeath-Stirling

Elgin-Forfar

Erm?

Arbroath v Montrose at New Year like always.

If we're in the same league as Forfar, it should be us v them on the 1st of the year. No need for segregation & a convivial atmosphere.

Similarly, Montrose should always have Brechin for the Ne'erday game whenever possible.

If we're in the same league as Forfar, it should be us v them on the 1st of the year. No need for segregation & a convivial atmosphere.

Similarly, Montrose should always have Brechin for the Ne'erday game whenever possible.

Really?IMO the New Year Derby should be with your biggest rival, which to me is Montrose

Nah f**k the Fermers.

Bring on the Mo at New Year. I'd be devastated if we had to go to Emmerdale instead of Montrose on the 2nd.

Forfar...Brechin??? Who are they?! ;-)

Don't mean it in that way at all but they games are only slightly better than the East Fife one. THE Derby is Montrose, and they should always be at New Year when most people are off. 2nd January was by far my favourite away day last season.

Don't mean it in that way at all but they games are only slightly better than the East Fife one. THE Derby is Montrose, and they should always be at New Year when most people are off. 2nd January was by far my favourite away day last season.

Agreed, Mo is the Derby game, nothing quite like it! Great to win and hard to forget the defeat! It is their cup final

after all ;-)

OK, I'm in a minority here.

I believe that the Mo derby is special whenever it's played, but can't be f*cked with the attendant atmosphere & segregation with a raging hangover from Hogmanay, especially if we have to travel up to their midden on a day when no public transport is available.

On Ne'erday, I would always prefer to walk along to the Gayf & take in a game without segregation.

To everybody it's Montrose, who really cares about Forfar or Brechin anyway?

the traditional Angus derbies are, Montrose v Brechin and Arbroath v Forfar, interesting to see what happens

Archived