Derbies next season

Just Been looking at the possible teams for next season, and there will be a good few possible Derby games, which will be good.

Raith vs pars

Falkirk vs pars (maybe)

St Mirren vs Morton

Dumbarton vs Morton

Ayr vs Killie (maybe)

Killie vs Stranraer (maybe)

Nothing really for Dundee Utd, but with no Edinburgh Derby either. Still, at least raith, Dunfermline, and possibly Falkirk will be close enough for them. And I'm sure a few of those games would be shown live.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was having a discussion with some mates on Wednesday at the game on derbies in Scotland and what was ranked as the best.  You obviously have Celtic v Rangers and Hearts v Hibs as the top 2, then who would you rank after that?  Dundee v Dundee Utd and Ayr v Killie would be my next 2, not in any order.  Seen a few St Mirren v Morton games in the league and cup over the past few years and they don't seem to be able to attract 5000-6000+ which is disappointing, thought it was a lot bigger than that.

Was having a discussion with some mates on Wednesday at the game on derbies in Scotland and what was ranked as the best. You obviously have Celtic v Rangers and Hearts v Hibs as the top 2, then who would you rank after that? Dundee v Dundee Utd and Ayr v Killie would be my next 2, not in any order. Seen a few St Mirren v Morton games in the league and cup over the past few years and they don't seem to be able to attract 5000-6000+ which is disappointing, thought it was a lot bigger than that.

Are you seriously suggesting Ayr and Killie are fourth in the Derby pecking order. I disagree wholeheartedly.

Was having a discussion with some mates on Wednesday at the game on derbies in Scotland and what was ranked as the best. You obviously have Celtic v Rangers and Hearts v Hibs as the top 2, then who would you rank after that? Dundee v Dundee Utd and Ayr v Killie would be my next 2, not in any order. Seen a few St Mirren v Morton games in the league and cup over the past few years and they don't seem to be able to attract 5000-6000+ which is disappointing, thought it was a lot bigger than that.

Celtic v Rangers

Hearts v Hibs

Dundee v Dundee United

Raith v Pars

Morton v St Mirren

I would say they 5 are probably the top 5 IMO

Guest Flash

When was the last time there was a league season without both the Edinburgh and Dundee derbies? Was it 1981?

Celtic v Rangers

Hearts v Hibs

Dundee v Dundee United

Raith v Pars

Morton v St Mirren

I would say they 5 are probably the top 5 IMO

Yea I see you amended that bro. That's the top 5 in my opinion

In terms of crowd pull and rivalry, it would be top 4/5 for me.

I do agree with that though. From 4th down all the clubs in the major towns region we're all of a similar size

The top three derbies are obvious, then pretty much everyone is going to think theirs is the 4th. Raith v Pars, St Mirren v Morton and Falkirk v Pars are all about the same.

Falkirk v Pars isn't really a derby.. Just because they hate each other doesn't mean it's a derby..

Archived