Kevin Deeney

Hertha/BJFC1938

Just a post to say that one of my favourite ex Beith junior footballers and also a friend of mines In Kevin Deeney is retiring this season and muirkirk are giving Kevin a game against Girvan this Saturday and for me its a great touch and a great send off for not only a thoroughly decent guy but also one who's served junior football very well over the years.

Kevin signed for Beith from largs and served our club very well for several years and captained us and won lots of trophies and will be remembered as a true Beith legend with our fans for scoring a 30 yard top corner at kilbirnie and the strike relegated them.

Kevin not only served Beith and largs well , he also was a good player for Kilwinning Rangers, hurlford , glenafton , newton Stuart and muirkirk after coming to play junior after queens park and to this day can still perform and for me it's a great touch by muirkirk to give him a good send off on Saturday .

All the best kev.

Kevin ,you were the best player probably in your first season junior and moved to Beith because the new Largs management team didn't fancy you,you never looked back. All the best from Largs Thistle

Thanks for the mention hertha it's really appreciated it. I'm a bit gutted cos I thought I done enough this year to get a deal for next season but it wasn't to be. Manager hasn't got a clue but everyone on here knows that already. Thanks for all the other messages apart from the mascot one, big kev isn't happy about that one. The final has nothing to do with me, that's the current squad and managements achievement and it's between the junior team I grew up with and the one I captained. I can safely say though that I'll be amongst the beith fans in a couple of weeks. ðŸ†

Archived