A Positive Junior Article

ScottMcCorry

Great article.....everything that is Junior football !!

I'm sure we can all relate to the things that Scott has written about,at our own clubs......right down to "the wee old fella that opens the gates",lol ! Reading the article again put a smile on my face.It's a pleasure being part of Junior football......& that's what it's all about !!

I have twice seen a linesman sent off, and on both occasions it was the St Roch's linesman, probably about 15 years apart. Once at the old Southcroft Park, and once up at St Roch's. Funny to watch.  :P

I have twice seen a linesman sent off, and on both occasions it was the St Roch's linesman, probably about 15 years apart. Once at the old Southcroft Park, and once up at St Roch's. Funny to watch. :P

Have you ever seen a fan sent off before?

Happened to us once at Irvine Vics . Wee Boomtown aka Pat who is on our committee got the treatment from an over zealous ref 1 day ha ha

http://strochsfc.com/?post_type=post&p=1217

Any comments or criticism welcome.

Thanks

Good read, mate  :thumsup2

I saw a tweet a few weeks back that Junior football really is something that is special in this country, and doesn't get the praise it deserves, and I couldn't have agreed more with it. Perhaps I've just been taken in by the good weather, but the future is looking decent for Junior football, I've seen a lot more younger guys at games (my good self included of course  ;) ) and the facilities at a lot of grounds are far better than they are at some senior clubs.

I've not missed a Sons' game in 4 and a bit years, but must admit there's Saturdays where I look at the Junior fixture list and fancy going to a game on it much more than my own team's match!

Happened to us once at Irvine Vics . Wee Boomtown aka Pat who is on our committee got the treatment from an over zealous ref 1 day ha ha

The Coach that everyone hears at the Rose games got kicked out of Tayports ground a few years back by the ref. Was pretty strange and funny to see

First seen the Candy being beat 6-1 by Lynd Peasy's in the mud 70s. Think it was some sort of play off. Also saw a linesman being sent off at Provanmill Park in a match v shettleston.

I've recently returned to the Juniors and I'm really enjoying the grounds , the pies and the patter.

Great read enjoyed it passed on to the lady that makes the stovies she will like what you said

Candys a good team this year good people at the club aswell enjoyed or two games against them

PC Cabe was asked to leave Petershill Park by a linesman a few years back.

Good read Scotty ,Alex McDowall here, both made the move from amateurs to juniors this season, been a roller coaster and learning experience with Gartcairn , I love being involved in club football again although I still have my other amateur stuff going one.

Keep enjoying bud

Archived