No midweek fixtures for Girvan!

tombo

Hope rab gets back soon . Darren mitchell is a great player to get in at this time of the season

He is. He knows his way to goal and we really struggled upfront today (until the last 10 mins or so). Not sure when Allan is back but I'm happy we have Mitchell in as back up

The boys I spoke to today are not happy at the lack of midweek fixtures so I think it's an issue you need to take up with the SJFA.

Stop moaning while you're at it. Doesn't matter when teams play games everyone plays 22 sir. ;)

Whilst the OP is at it a bit I think your response is also a bit daft.  If you played 22 games in 22 days that wouldn't matter?

Whoever it is that does the fixtures certainly seems to have had a common sense bypass. Annbank, Ardeer and Kello all played on Saturday and all three are playing on Monday and Wednesday yet none have a game on the following Saturday.

So logically the Annbank v Kello game on the Monday or even the Ardeer v Kello game on the Wednesday should surely have been put back to the Saturday, seems crazy to me.

Whoever it is that does the fixtures certainly seems to have had a common sense bypass. Annbank, Ardeer and Kello all played on Saturday and all three are playing on Monday and Wednesday yet none have a game on the following Saturday.

So logically the Annbank v Kello game on the Monday or even the Ardeer v Kello game on the Wednesday should surely have been put back to the Saturday, seems crazy to me.

Spot on mate.

Season finishes with a nothing midweek game ... We have had a load of midweek fixtures thrown at us with limited Saturday home games...

It's the sponsors I feel for. Local pub can't get a turn from us in winter when pitch gubbed then can't get turn in summer as midweek and everyone rushing home...

It's very strange how they work out the fixtures. You couldn't follow it with radar and especially when 2-3 teams chasing promotion it should be full card or nothing IMO.

Spot on mate.

Season finishes with a nothing midweek game ... We have had a load of midweek fixtures thrown at us with limited Saturday home games...

It's the sponsors I feel for. Local pub can't get a turn from us in winter when pitch gubbed then can't get turn in summer as midweek and everyone rushing home...

It's very strange how they work out the fixtures. You couldn't follow it with radar and especially when 2-3 teams chasing promotion it should be full card or nothing IMO.

Something as simple as switching Muirkirk-Girvan with your fixture away to the former on the Wed would split the games out slightly better. Neither us nor Kello play on the Sat so our Wed fixture at home to them could easily be played at the weekend.

Something as simple as switching Muirkirk-Girvan with your fixture away to the former on the Wed would split the games out slightly better. Neither us nor Kello play on the Sat so our Wed fixture at home to them could easily be played at the weekend.

With that having been said, our game against Kello has now been switched to Saturday.

Looks like you got your wish Tombo. Girvan have 4 games in 7 days and travel to Kello on a Monday night.

That fixture is shocking. They could easily have made Saltcoats v Girvan on Monday and Kello away on the Saturday but I guess Tombo is pulling some strings ehh? ;)

I know if Whitletts were going for the league title then I'd be pissed off.

Kirkonnel isn't closer to Girvan than Saltocoats. Plus take in to consideration the type of roads etc. like by pass all the way or single track road sir. :)

41 miles to Saltcoats & 39 mile to Kirkconnell . The road to Saltcoats is better though al give you that lol

Archived