West of Scotland Cup Final

archieb

guys think of it this way

how long did it take the beaks to find a sponsor for the scottish junior cup ? (ages)

so when mr pollok came along with some dosh i bet his rule was that the final of the west cup had to be played at newlandsfield

Agree with pw. Newlandsfield isn't exactly a bad venue is it?

Who cares where it is, think of all the Highland and north teams that have to come to hampden. They love the outing lol

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When was the last West of Scotland Cup Final that wasn't at Pollok? I enjoyed it there when Meadow won a couple of West of Scotland Cups, but was Saturday games against Rob Roy and Ashfield so have a good day out before and after instead of rushing from work to the game and perfect venue for these games in my opinion. Think the ideal venue this year would be Troon, if our pitch was in better nick then would be biased and say ourselves but needs some tlc after drainage problems during winter.

It should be in Ayrshire I've no problem with Pollok my problem is 2 Ayrshire teams having to go to Glasgow on a Friday night as for your wee jibe earlier about rugby Park not one beith fan on here wanted the game their most wanted it at St mirren park

When was the last West of Scotland Cup Final that wasn't at Pollok? I enjoyed it there when Meadow won a couple of West of Scotland Cups, but was Saturday games against Rob Roy and Ashfield so have a good day out before and after instead of rushing from work to the game and perfect venue for these games in my opinion. Think the ideal venue this year would be Troon, if our pitch was in better nick then would be biased and say ourselves but needs some tlc after drainage problems during winter.

When was the last WOS Final that was in Ayrshire. Before Pollok's current monoply it was either Maryhill or Cambuslang.

Has it ever been held in Ayrshire sice the regions amalgamated

When was the last WOS Final that was in Ayrshire. Before Pollok's current monoply it was either Maryhill or Cambuslang.

Has it ever been held in Ayrshire sice the regions amalgamated

I'm sure Glenafton played a ï¸west of scotland cup final at meadow park although if im correct I can't for the life of me think who it was against.

I'm sure Glenafton played a ï¸west of scotland cup final at meadow park although if im correct I can't for the life of me think who it was against.

Bellshill in 2003.

The final has been held at Pollok since 2004. Meadow Park hosted it in 2003 and prior to that the last time it was held in Ayrshire was 1989 at Rugby Park.

Well, where I come from a day oot means starting drinking early doors at your club, then onto a supporters bus enjoying the atmosphere and banter and the build up to the game. This then continues onto a wee social club, bowling green prior to attending the game itself.

Once the game is finished and hopefully it's your team that is victorious, you then head back down the road to celebrate into the wee small hour with the players, committee and rest of the supporters, no rush hame fae your work in a Friday night and try and get to the game on time.

That my dear man is classed as a DAY OOT.

Hope you understand now

Well said.

How did you remember that?......it's been a while! Lol

If it's been at Pollok since 2004 then why is everyone so surprised?For Talbot or (God forbid) Cumnock it's a quick scoot up the 77. Doubt it will take anymore time than driving to Troon.

So JB just cos it's been there since 04 does that make it right. Also it's the Friday night aswell that's my gripe this is meant to be the wests premier cup

So JB just cos it's been there since 04 does that make it right. Also it's the Friday night aswell that's my gripe this is meant to be the wests premier cup

If it's the West's premier cup then why doesn't our west junior beaks sort it out? Answer is that money talks

My good man, this pro Pollok stance has been on the go since this tournament was regarded as prestigious. In 1980 Talbot played Rob Roy in the final at Newlandsfield on a Saturday night. A central league play off had taken place earlier that day at the same venue.

the pitch was also like a tattie field as it had been raining all day.

Cumnock have just announced their Sportsman dinner line up for this year and one of the speakers is life long Pollock fan Bill Copeland.

Can someone tell us, does that constitute a change of venue to their social club to accommodate the speaker??? 😀

2 of the best clubs in the country.

Arguably the best 2 teams in the country.

Playing each other in a major cup final.

10mns from the best city in the world.

Canny wait.

Archived