West of Scotland Cup Final

archieb

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two Ayrshire sides will be in final so why make the fans travel. Surely it makes sense to have it in Ayrshire. Or would that be far too sensible?

Exactly and its mental although Mr pollok sponsors the tournament and its his baby and that dictates and f**k the fans. Utter bullshit!!!!!!!!

Should be at meadow park .

If someone is good enough to stick some cash in............... its not like before as in Pollok aren't getting hammered in the social club, the pie stall, I apologise as I didn't know it had reopened and spent too much on a shit burger, anyway, Pollok arent getting the same rewards as they possibly did previously as they wont get the same kick back. Newlandsfiled Park is a fantastic set up and now currently one of the best surfaces in junior football and above, its central ............... If I came into some funds in whatever way I would like to think id help out my club in whatever small way I could, I would imagine prestige will be the most Pollok gain out of this final.

If someone is good enough to stick some cash in............... its not like before as in Pollok aren't getting hammered in the social club, the pie stall, I apologise as I didn't know it had reopened and spent too much on a shit burger, anyway, Pollok arent getting the same rewards as they possibly did previously as they wont get the same kick back. Newlandsfiled Park is a fantastic set up and now currently one of the best surfaces in junior football and above, its central ............... If I came into some funds in whatever way I would like to think id help out my club in whatever small way I could, I would imagine prestige will be the most Pollok gain out of this final.

Let's say its auchinleck v hurlford in the cup final so why should both teams and their fans have to travel to pollok when perfect venues in ayrshire like troon and meadow park are available and both are as good as newlandsfield for me.

Just because a pollok official sponsors the west of scotland cup it shouldn't give the guys club immunity from it being held elsewhere and if it were two ayrshire teams at an ayrshire venue then it would probably attract more neutrals from neighbouring towns as ayrshire is a junior footballing hotbed compared to glasgow which probably wouldnt be half as interested in two Ayrshire teams going head to head.

Let's say its auchinleck v hurlford in the cup final so why should both teams and their fans have to travel to pollok when perfect venues in ayrshire like troon and meadow park are available and both are as good as newlandsfield for me.

Just because a pollok official sponsors the west of scotland cup it shouldn't give the guys club immunity from it being held elsewhere and if it were two ayrshire teams at an ayrshire venue then it would probably attract more neutrals from neighbouring towns as ayrshire is a junior footballing hotbed compared to glasgow which probably wouldnt be half as interested in two Ayrshire teams going head to head.

well said, surprised they don't play the east of Scotland cup final at the mighty newlandsfield too, might aswell, in fact forget rugby park for the Scottish, lets play it at newlandsfield

guys think of it this way

how long did it take the beaks to find a sponsor for the scottish junior cup ? (ages)

so when mr pollok came along with some dosh i bet his rule was that the final of the west cup had to be played at newlandsfield

It's a scandal, just sums up the junior FA. Surely it's about time they started thinking about the supporters.

With the game scheduled for a Friday night, some might struggle to get up there after work where as if it's played in Ayrshire it allows the supporters a bit more time.

Good job the guy is no a Aberdeen East End supporter.

If you sponsor it next season Hertha you can play it out your back door.

Good job the guy is no a Aberdeen East End supporter.

If you sponsor it next season Hertha you can play it out your back door.

Just imagine the last four of this seasons west of scotland cup was all central teams for example in arthurlie-petershill-shettleston and Clydebank .

Decision at this same stage is made to host the final at beechwood park in auchinleck . :huh:

Wouldn't our Central based friends not be a wee bit upset at having to head down to ayrshire for the final when it's only Central based teams remaining ? Of course they would and common sense should prevail :)

Beith to shawlands can't be that much more difficult that to Troon.

For the other clubs still in the cup, it's maybe an extra 10-15 minutes

The way you go on you would think its the other end of the earth.

For your team having such a great season you still love a moan, god help us all if you have a bad season next year.

If someone wants to put their hand in their pocket and sponsor a trophy and on the back of that say where they want the final to be played then fair enough. If it's not suitable they don't have to take the guys money and could look elsewhere. But then we will have the same moaners going on about the lack of sponsors

Pie and Bovril junior forum posters - only happy when they are moaning.

Beith to shawlands can't be that much more difficult that to Troon.

For the other clubs still in the cup, it's maybe an extra 10-15 minutes

The way you go on you would think its the other end of the earth.

For your team having such a great season you still love a moan, god help us all if you have a bad season next year.

If someone wants to put their hand in their pocket and sponsor a trophy and on the back of that say where they want the final to be played then fair enough. If it's not suitable they don't have to take the guys money and could look elsewhere. But then we will have the same moaners going on about the lack of sponsors

Pie and Bovril junior forum posters - only happy when they are moaning.

It's also more of a principal thing for me too and don't you think In the interest of fairness that the cup final venue should be spread out a bit more?

As for sponsoring the tournament yes the guy has put his hand in his pocket but since when did that earn the right to dictate?

Ps ; it's not a moan it's an opinion if that's allowed.

Don't agree, in fact it's pish that the final is there every year.

2 Ayrshire sides, so should be an Ayrshire venue surely ?

Archived