stewards and security

after a heated discussion with stewards on sat we were refused entry into stadium 

reason being they wanted to search us couple of us refused 

now the question is do stadium stewards or security have the authority to do tap down searches or should it be left to police

police said they could refuse us entry for not allowing search but never stipulated whether search was legal

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

after a heated discussion with stewards on sat we were refused entry into stadium

now the question is do stadium stewards or security have the authority to do tap down searches or should it be left to police

police said they could refuse us entry for not allowing search but never stipulated whether search was legal

I think it's part of the terms re: entry to the stadium you agree to when buying a ticket.

I think it's part of the terms re: entry to the stadium you agree to when buying a ticket.

I agree with that.

I have no problem with being searched, in fact I am quite reassured when I attend matches in London that I am searched and have to unzip my jacket to check for suicide vests.

Assuming this was a football match you're referring to as you haven't provided much detail........the stewards are employed by the club and can more or less impose whatever entry standards the home club wishes. This would include searches which is standard practice at most sporting events and gigs and nightclubs etc. What was the reason for some of your company refusing to be searched?

I agree with that.

I have no problem with being searched, in fact I am quite reassured when I attend matches in London that I am searched and have to unzip my jacket to check for suicide vests.

What ground(s) would that be?

What ground(s) would that be?

Stamford Bridge about 3 months ago.

Bayern Munich as well a couple of months ago as well, although obviously not in London.

It happened somewhere else in London as well, think it may have been at White Hart Lane but can't remember for certain.

They don't have a legal right to search you, they are perfectly within their rights to not allow you entry for refusing to be searched.

You don't want searched then they don't want to let you in.

Stamford Bridge about 3 months ago.

Bayern Munich as well a couple of months ago as well, although obviously not in London.

It happened somewhere else in London as well, think it may have been at White Hart Lane but can't remember for certain.

I've only been searched entering away section at Old Trafford. Not much bothered but still felt guilty for some reason.

Why would you refuse?

Perfectly legal if you allow them, perfectly legal for them to refuse you if you don't. .

Welcome 'the guv'

Why u refuse anyway?

Why would you refuse?

^^^this. You get searched at gigs all the time. Fuk, my wife got her bag searched at fukn Disney on Ice at the weekend. It's part of life these days and it'll surely get more widespread.

I've never been searched at the football before. I look too old and sensible to be carrying ching, beazlers, knifes or pyro :(

The c**t at Tannadice who looks like one of the Chuckle Brothers and the fat baldy w****r at Dens who sneaks about the lavvies looking for someone having a smoke so he can pap them out are particularly cretinous.

^^^this. You get searched at gigs all the time. Fuk, my wife got her bag searched at fukn Disney on Ice at the weekend. It's part of life these days and it'll surely get more widespread.

I've never been searched at the football before. I look too old and sensible to be carrying ching, beazlers, knifes or pyro :(

Old b*****d

ETA.....Sorry for going off topic but how come it's acceptable to post Fuk which I have absolutely no problem with BTW but I get a warning and posts deleted for posting a four letter word beginning with H, ending with S and including U and N?? 

Archived