Does the SPFL Know About This?

I see the official East Stirlingshire site - and the new unofficial one - are both carrying the same information about U18s needing to be accompanied by an adult in order to gain admission to Meadowbank Stadium. Surely this restriction wouldn't be allowed if Edinburgh City managed to win the pyramid play-offs and get into the SPFL?

U18s Admission to Meadowbank

So far there is no information regarding admission prices for next Saturday’s pyramid playoff first leg v Edinburgh City FC at Meadowbank Stadium in Edinburgh. In the meantime Shire supporters are asked to take note of the following information regarding the admission to Meadowbank Stadium of persons who are under 18 which appears on City’s official website at http://edinburghcityfc.com/index.html

â€œPlease note that no unaccompanied Under 18s will be permitted into the stadium during match days. This decision was not taken lightly and is constantly reviewed in conjunction with Edinburgh Leisure. If this alters in the future Edinburgh City will confirm this through our various social media application.†   

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So there are members of our Armed Forces who can't attend a game at Meadowbank Stadium on their Jack Jones :huh:

Or people voting on this week's election who have a say on how our Government should be run. Or people who can have children, rent a flat or buy a house. Or people who go along to play football at community or academy or youth levels for member and/or affiliated clubs to the body who acknowledges and allows this farce.

What a joke. Shut them down now.

There were problems with a group of youths a couple of seasons back who were pretty much being anti social at the rear of the stand. Can't remember if it was City or the council who banned them though??

Well ban the individuals like any normal club would do instead of the whole age group. How's that going to encourage people to go and support them?! Daft.

Was the same at Bo'Ness in the Scottish Cup last year-me and my pals were told to pay an adult price or wait for an adult by the stewards outside. Eventually the head steward came along and let us in and I'm sure the same would happen at Edinburgh City.

There were problems with a group of youths a couple of seasons back who were pretty much being anti social at the rear of the stand ??

What were they doing? Sitting in a huff not talking to anyone else?

Some lads formed an "ultras" group. They were noisy but fairly OK. Unfortunately they attracted a crowd of wee neds. We banned them originally. And they we let them in again and the lovely lads did this during a midweek match. 

post-12982-0-07192600-1462144147_thumb.j

We then had to incur costs which we could barely afford to get some coppers to come along and police matches that they shouldn't have been need for just because some wee neds, who apparently had been banned from attending at Easter Road, couldn't behave themselves. 

I'm sorry, the club is not a creche for other peoples children. Especially when they were only paying 2 quid a time. 

There is a sort of irony to it being that a lot of those now enforcing this rule were formerly Meadowbank Thistle fans banned from Meadowbank by Bill "Blobby" Hunter but we just can't justify spending money we don't have on stopping wee neds from destroying the place. 

ETA: there was apparently some trouble between Spartans and Berwick at the City Cup Final last season involving a group of youngsters from the Edinburgh area who were not often seen at Ainslie Park. Suspicion at City was that it was our old pals up to no good at another club. 

There's nothing to stop them travelling to Ochilview to support City of course- they'll bring a nice smile to those fun loving Stenny stewards I've heard so much about... 

ETA: there was apparently some trouble between Spartans and Berwick at the City Cup Final last season involving a group of youngsters from the Edinburgh area who were not often seen at Ainslie Park. Suspicion at City was that it was our old pals up to no good at another club.

Scottish Cup R5 replay, TtB, IIRC? They'd have to win something to reach the City Cup ;).

I doubt anyone has got that excited about a City Cup Final in several decades, anyway...

A really sad situation.

If this is the future of Scottish football,we'Re done.Under 18s accompanied by an adult - pathetic.

Fight for our country; have kids ;etc etc but no good enough to watch a fitba match unless somebody over 18 is holding yer hand.

Some lads formed an "ultras" group. They were noisy but fairly OK. Unfortunately they attracted a crowd of wee neds. We banned them originally. And they we let them in again and the lovely lads did this during a midweek match. 

attachicon.gifa bit naughty....jpg

We then had to incur costs which we could barely afford to get some coppers to come along and police matches that they shouldn't have been need for just because some wee neds, who apparently had been banned from attending at Easter Road, couldn't behave themselves. 

I'm sorry, the club is not a creche for other peoples children. Especially when they were only paying 2 quid a time. 

There is a sort of irony to it being that a lot of those now enforcing this rule were formerly Meadowbank Thistle fans banned from Meadowbank by Bill "Blobby" Hunter but we just can't justify spending money we don't have on stopping wee neds from destroying the place. 

There's nothing to stop them travelling to Ochilview to support City of course- they'll bring a nice smile to those fun loving Stenny stewards I've heard so much about...

I'd be embarrassed to write something like that chum. Bunch of wee dafties dictating your clubs policy for visiting supporters. Get your head up and sort it. If you want to play in the big league, be a big club.

I'm 17 right now, so I'm assuming this means that should we play away to Edinburgh before my birthday then I'll have to be accompanied by an adult even though ive already got a driving licence? That's a fucking joke.

Amazes me that some of these lower league teams get trouble wee shitbags like that if your wanting to play in a higher league there club best do something to prevent that kind of things and not to single out other kids for a few wee idiots doing that stuff if they want to move up then they better watch the sfa might intervene

Well if you guys are so concerned come and volunteer as stewards. I'm sure you'll find the Lochend neds will be quite happy to listen to you and see sense and reason when you tell them to leave. 

Personally my solution is to take the miscreants into a locked room with a baseball bat.....

...and read them the recent SFA guidance on suspensions in the play offs that I've heard runs to 500 pages. 

Well if you guys are so concerned come and volunteer as stewards. I'm sure you'll find the Lochend neds will be quite happy to listen to you and see sense and reason when you tell them to leave. 

Personally my solution is to take the miscreants into a locked room with a baseball bat.....

...and read them the recent SFA guidance on suspensions in the play offs that I've heard runs to 500 pages. 

Do you have to be a certain age to volunteer as a Steward or could a 17 year old apply? 

Archived