Dalry v Girvan

I've been watching junior football for over 30 years and in that time I've seen referees being assaulted, one player punching another early in a game and the guy waiting until the last minute before knocking his teeth out, full scale brawls on the pitch, players stamping on another players head. My point in all this is one player punching another, although poor to see is not uncommon in the grand scheme of things. Don't think there's many saints playing at this level of football but the scrutiny is much higher through social media than it was it times gone by. I'm sure he's not the first and won't be the last to throw a punch in the pitch.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been watching junior football for over 30 years and in that time I've seen referees being assaulted, one player punching another early in a game and the guy waiting until the last minute before knocking his teeth out, full scale brawls on the pitch, players stamping on another players head. My point in all this is one player punching another, although poor to see is not uncommon in the grand scheme of things. Don't think there's many saints playing at this level of football but the scrutiny is much higher through social media than it was it times gone by. I'm sure he's not the first and won't be the last to throw a punch in the pitch.

Luis Suarez bites 3 different opponents over the year's and gets a move to barcelona yet a boy from darvel punches an opponent and folk want him hung drawn and quartered ! Boys made a mistake by the sounds of it emotions getting the better of him pretty sure it's happened at every level of football. He will be punished accordingly and serve whatever ban is handed down. Give the young lad the benefit of the doubt for his mistake

Luis Suarez bites 3 different opponents over the year's and gets a move to barcelona yet a boy from darvel punches an opponent and folk want him hung drawn and quartered ! Boys made a mistake by the sounds of it emotions getting the better of him pretty sure it's happened at every level of football. He will be punished accordingly and serve whatever ban is handed down. Give the young lad the benefit of the doubt for his mistake

The boy played for Dalry.

Iphone, the guy punched out because the guy had a kick at him. Simples!!!!

But would he have punched out at a bigger guy? And because the guy kicked out doesn't make it OK to punch him. Hopefully the boy learns from this after his suspension and I'm sure the Girvan player will be fine.

• 4 months later...
Just now, fan of the juniors said:

Boy in Dundee got a year for doing basically the same thing in an Ammies match . Think the judge here might be inclined to make an example as well

A seen that mate,you would think that it would be along the same lines of a sentence

The lad punched an opposition player when he wasn't looking and knocked him out cold. He is "scum"of the highest order. There's no place for that sort of behaviour on a football pitch sir.

Thats your side though AV. Others are saying he got provoked. I certainly dont think he is scum. Its unacceptable but it happens. It just so happens the boy he whalloped has a glass jaw. What happens when players swing week in week out and miss? Are they scum also? Just you concentrate on Your fantasy of winning everything this year.

Archived