Play Off Winners

Play Off Predictions  

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon Livingston will retain their place in the Championship too, although I fancy Stranraer to give them a decent match. Peterhead and Ayr United have packed it in over the last month and I don't think the play-offs are the kind of event where you can just pitch up and turn it on in. The matches between those teams will be like two bald men fighting over a comb.

I couldn't really comment on the other end of the table but I do hope Queen's Park make it up. Smashing club and one of the best away days in the country.

Anyone but Clyde to come up please - dreadful day out at a soulless stadium.

^^^ This.

The current possibility that Clyde, Airdrie, East Fife and Livvy might all be in the same league as us is scary.

Cliftonhill would be like a trip to a packed out Nou Camp.

Eta: Although I'm one of the few to quite like the 'character' of Central Park, Livvy and Elgin would be my preferred picks for the respective playoffs. Elgin's far more convenient for me if I can make it of course. Would probably go up for a Saturday Cowden v Elgin final tbh as it would be nice to see a playoff without the crushing disappointment for a change.

Ayr to deal with the irrelevance in opposition as they win all 4 ties 1-0 and Stevo to score in the final and everyone will forget how shite he has been.

Clyde to relegate Cowdenbeath before getting humiliated 7-0 off Queens Park on aggregate.

Ayr to deal with the irrelevance in opposition as they win all 4 ties 1-0 and Stevo to score in the final and everyone will forget how shite he has been.

Clyde to relegate Cowdenbeath before getting humiliated 7-0 off Queens Park on aggregate.

This scenario isn't possible I'm afraid. Hopefully Livi get relegated. Elgin to beat Queens in the promotion play-off final.

Are these games still shown on BBC Alba?

This scenario isn't possible I'm afraid. Hopefully Livi get relegated. Elgin to beat Queens in the promotion play-off final.

Are these games still shown on BBC Alba?

Championship one is the final only.

Livi to cruise to victory in the four games and retain our Championship place. The relegation play-off in the league hopefully bears no relevance to me.

Livi to cruise to victory in the four games and retain our Championship place. The relegation play-off in the league hopefully bears no relevance to me.

I reckon Stranraer will turn you over tbh.

I reckon history will repeat itself.

The last time the Pars won a league title and Cowden finished in the relegation play-offs in the same division was in the Championship season 2010-11.

Cowden were beaten in the relegation play-offs by the 4th placed team in League 1 so I reckon this year’s 4th placed team from the lower division (Queens Park) will do the same, but they will lose to the 2nd placed team (Elgin) in the play-off final-

That same season, Ayr finished 2nd in League 1 and were promoted. Good omen for them, so I think they’ll also repeat history.

Ayr and Elgin to win promotion, and Cowden to emulate the Pars’ recent feat of two consecutive relegations.

and Cowden to emulate the Pars’ recent feat of two consecutive relegations.

Three relegations in a row is the one to aim for. We gave it a good go last season but could only manage 7th. Anyone can do two in a row. 

Three relegations in a row is the one to aim for. We gave it a good go last season but could only manage 7th. Anyone can do two in a row.

^^^ forgot about the season before last. Pretending they were only in the seaside league for two seasons.

^^^ forgot about the season before last. Pretending they were only in the seaside league for two seasons.

You're right - totally forgot about that one. Erased from the memory banks for some reason. We still strolled the two in a row.

Archived