Stranraer Vs Livi

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our playoff form is awful. Our recent form against Livingston is awful. Doesn't really bode well.

Players put a lot in to today's game, hopefully all be recovered for Wednesday.

Regardless of the outcome we've come along way to get here this season.

Whilst an 8-0 victory like last time down there would be nice, I somehow can't envisage it.

IIRC we drew 1-1 last season in the Challenge Cup semi-finals, granted both sides have changed a bit since then but I'd imagine the game on Wednesday may well go the same way. This is the closest these two sides have been in terms of ability probably ever, a gap which is less than what it was last season IMO.

As long as we have something workable for Saturday I'd be alright with it.

Have Stranraer improved since last season or are they not as good? Was Jackson Longridge one of your best players?

Again it all depends on Hopkin's tactics and team formation, will he keep White in midfield or actually put him up front where he can score goals, and will he play 2 up front or continue with a lone striker and White out wide, not confident at all with Hopkin in charge.

With players like Stanton, Telfer, Buchanan, White, Halkett and Longridge in the team we really should get to the final but we've also got Darren Cole who Hopkin keeps playing and he's worth at least a goal a game to Stranraer. 

Have Stranraer improved since last season or are they not as good? Was Jackson Longridge one of your best players?

We're 16 points shy of last seasons total in what I'd say is a weaker league.

Our starting eleven is probably now as good as last seasons give or take one or two players.

For me Longridge was nowhere near on of our best. He did ok but, wasn't too fussed to see him move on.

We now have Liam Dick on loan from Falkirk in Longridges position. Dick is far more assured than Jacko ever was defensively. Probably on a par attacking wise.

Haven't really followed the progress of Longridge since he moved on. How's he been doing?

We're 16 points shy of last seasons total in what I'd say is a weaker league.

Our starting eleven is probably now as good as last seasons give or take one or two players.

For me Longridge was nowhere near on of our best. He did ok but, wasn't too fussed to see him move on.

We now have Liam Dick on loan from Falkirk in Longridges position. Dick is far more assured than Jacko ever was defensively. Probably on a par attacking wise.

Haven't really followed the progress of Longridge since he moved on. How's he been doing?

Longridge has been voted our young player of the year, imo he's improved as the season went on, really gets down the wing and helps with our attack. I have noticed a big difference in him since January.

Longridge has been voted our young player of the year, imo he's improved as the season went on, really gets down the wing and helps with our attack. I have noticed a big difference in him since January.

When he was at Ayr Roberts had no time for him and never gave him a chance. Glad to see he's proved him wrong.

No, although we have improved greatly since Christmas we're not as good as we were last season. I remember Longridge as a very good crosser of the ball, but he wouldn't have been in our top eight players last season.

You must be very young?

As far as I can recall, Stranraer have only ever beaten us twice, way back in 97-98 (I think). 

You're also not factoring just how poor the current Livingston squad is, I reckon. Like I said, my opinion.

As far as I can recall, Stranraer have only ever beaten us twice, way back in 97-98 (I think).

You're also not factoring just how poor the current Livingston squad is, I reckon. Like I said, my opinion.

Completely factoring out the Meadowbank years then?

Archived