Kilwinning's Chris Strain - embarrassing antics v Cumnock

joker1982

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Junior football needs characters like Chris Strain. He has been good for the Buffs and Junior football in general. After all football is meant to be entertainment and guys like Chris give yous all something to talk about. Junior football would be boring if we didn't have the banter about guys like Chris. Priceless

What a ludicrous post.This is what happens when somebody's sense of humour goes AWOL.I'd be surprised if no manager in the juniors has escaped the referees wrath for this kind of thing over the season. Most of it is gamesmanship imo ,like players shouting "lino,lino" every two minutes because that is what they have been told to do.This post has a distinct taste of sour grapes for some reason though.

Don't close the thread.   It's an interesting topic as it's become part of the spectacle at matches and I'm sure there are other management teams who cause fans to enjoy their abusive behaviour.   I do remember a few years back when Kilwinning had the benefit of the world's leading goalkeeping coach who constantly and loudly harangued his own outfield players (never heard him shouting at his own goalkeepers though)  went right over the top at a game against  Ardeer with his aggressive and abusive shouting and the referee red-carded George Grierson, the manager,  as he believed he was the culprit and sent him to the clubhouse.  Frankly the event was livened up by the episode.

What is wrong with a coach/manager being a bit animated. ...... Not a lot, but, I've always found that the ones that line to give it out are the ones who get the petted lip out when somebody does it with them

Saw it with Strain at Lugar on Wednesday in our game v Buffs

He was giving it large to the supporters behind the dugout and when some, of which I was one , told him to shut his trap, he wanted to fight

Saw the same, to a slightly lesser extent ,with Sandy McLean in our game v Ardrossan on the Monday. That man has to be the tosser in chief in the juniors

Perfectly illustrated when a Winton player was injured. And ball was played out to let the player get treatment , he was a bit upset that the Cumnock coaching team wanted them to give us the ball back

His reasoning was his team was getting pumped, did we really expect them to give the ball back and invite pressure back on his team

What a fud

Don't close the thread. It's an interesting topic as it's become part of the spectacle at matches and I'm sure there are other management teams who cause fans to enjoy their abusive behaviour. I do remember a few years back when Kilwinning had the benefit of the world's leading goalkeeping coach who constantly and loudly harangued his own outfield players (never heard him shouting at his own goalkeepers though) went right over the top at a game against Ardeer with his aggressive and abusive shouting and the referee red-carded George Grierson, the manager, as he believed he was the culprit and sent him to the clubhouse. Frankly the event was livened up by the episode.

I mind that game well. Our winning goal came moments before Grierson was sent off but the scorer was an absolute mile offside.

For clarification.....i enjoy passion as much as anyone. Strain's passion wasn't the issue....as I said a few times, the issue was for him to embarrass himself by hiding like a little girl instead of taking it on the chin when the officials wanted words. So the only agenda I had was to highlight what a fud he was on wed night for doing that.

Anyway roll on tomorrow......hopefully see a bit more quality football than we did on wed.

Im my opinion Strain is a winner he will fight to get what he wants. It won't fit everyone's idea of what they see as a manager but I would take him as a manager over some mediocre lame gaffer any day. Good luck to him. Future Talbot manager? Never say never

Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser.

We all say and do things in the heat of battle that we may have cause to regret when things cool down.

I had the pleasure to spend a little time in Chris's company after the 2nd leg of the Semi final he had a lot of interesting thoughts on the game and on the Buffs future - as well as wishing Beith all the best for the final - Chris will be a success at Kilwinning if he stays or wherever he goes should he move on.

I take it you were the gob shite behind the lugar dugout that obviously isnt allowed to talk in the hoose.

Not sure if you are referring to

me but if so, then my crime was to shout at the referee about one of his decisions I didn't agree with, which prompted Strain to tell me to "shut the f**k up" to which I advised him if he wanted me to shut up, then he should be the one to do so

As I said earlier , I have no problem with a coach having a go at folk in the crowd as I don't believe people should be able to shout at them without them being able to have a go back as if it's good to give it out then you should be ready to take it back

As far as not being allowed to speak in the house, you seem to be an authority on the subject, so I will bow to your knowledge

As far as being a gobshite is concerned , I am not familiar with that description as my vocabulary is slightly more extensive than yours . However , I do know what a knuckle dragger is and that seems to fit you

Archived