Hibernian vs Queens

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. Tackle from behind and nowhere near the ball

Hard to tell from the other end of the ground, but it didnt look particularly dangerous or out of control. Looked like he slid in and tripped him up and would have been a stick on yellow.

Whilst Hibs had most of the ball at 11 v 11 we still looked like we might nick a goal. Once Millar went off it was all Hibs and the goals they needed were there for the taking if they'd had the quality to do so.

Hard to tell from the other end of the ground, but it didnt look particularly dangerous or out of control. Looked like he slid in and tripped him up and would have been a stick on yellow.

Whilst Hibs had most of the ball at 11 v 11 we still looked like we might nick a goal. Once Millar went off it was all Hibs and the goals they needed were there for the taking if they'd had the quality to do so.

It was right where I sit & thought it was a yellow. It was an extremely cynical foul though he had 2/3 goes before taking him down. The fact there was little complaint from the Queens players says a lot tbh.

It was right where I sit & thought it was a yellow. It was an extremely cynical foul though he had 2/3 goes before taking him down. The fact there was little complaint from the Queens players says a lot tbh.

Higgins and, I think Jacobs, were complaining to the ref just after the free kick

It was never a sending off. Shocker of a decision which possibly cost us a point and a place.

You describe it perfectly. It was completely cynical, there was no attempt to play the ball, he was beaten and decided to "take one for the team". It wasnt dangerous, it wasnt out of control, it wasnt last man. As cynical as it was it is a stick on yellow all day long. Murdoch came on as sub and straight away got similarly done and just yanked someone back. Equally cynical. Yellow card was rightly the outcome.

Anyway it is what it is. We didnt finish 7th because of our results against Hibs.

That's two Easter Road games wrecked by terrible decisions. Stick on yellow, never a red in a million years.

I think I'll be back there next season tbh. Here's hoping we get a decent ref. Hibs defender deliberately falling into and bringing down Hilson didn't even get a free kick, never mind a card.

Hope Lyle and Russell are still with us then. Thought Higgins had a terrific game today.

That's two Easter Road games wrecked by terrible decisions. Stick on yellow, never a red in a million years.

I think I'll be back there next season tbh. Here's hoping we get a decent ref. Hibs defender deliberately falling into and bringing down Hilson didn't even get a free kick, never mind a card.

Hope Lyle and Russell are still with us then. Thought Higgins had a terrific game today.

Lyle has already signed for next season.

That's the fourth dreadful match in a row at Easter Road between Hibs and Queens. Football has rarely threatened to break out at any stage of any of these encounters. Queens, as has invariably been the case when I've seen them over the last year or so, have zero creativity or quality going forward, but I still thought we might just nick something on the break as Hibs inevitably committed more and more players forward in the second half in an attempt to rack up a few goals. The sending off was extremely harsh and effectively ruined that hope: from then on it was merely a matter of how many. Hibs are so bad that two was all they could accumulate against a ten man team with a makeshift defence decimated by injury and suspension. £22 to watch that rubbish. Had forgotten just how bad the standard of football in the Championship is. Truly dire.

Do me a favour mate, check the league placing for the 1981-1982 season and tell me who finished third in the first division? Thanks.

We were 13th in the pyramid that season, compared to Hibs' 15th this season. greggy.png

Oh daaaaym.

REKT.

Unlucks, bois. greggy.png

Lyle has already signed for next season.

Cheers. That's summat. Have a missed a managerial appontment as well? Or is that Del as well?

Season over in Feb :lol:

Sorry, but I would always rather be in our position than have the lower league humiliation and gut-wrenching heartache that awaits Hibs instead.  :lol:

SSN have the Millar challenge in their highlights and from that replay I can't see why it's been given as a red. It's a poorly timed challenge from behind, but it's hardly endangering the opposition player. Their app had it down as 'violent conduct' when, IMO, it's a standard yellow card.

SSN have the Millar challenge in their highlights and from that replay I can't see why it's been given as a red. It's a poorly timed challenge from behind, but it's hardly endangering the opposition player. Their app had it down as 'violent conduct' when, IMO, it's a standard yellow card.

Terrible decision by the ref, never a red card.

Watched the highlights, for me, Atkinson should have stopped the cross for the first goal. Rooted to his line.

watched highlights Brownlie was flat footed for both goals.

Totally agree on the Millar Red - this is the problem that you have with Referees - one in 50 would have awarded a Red for that challenge but unfortunately we had him at Easter Road yesterday. It was a classic case of Ref ruining another game of football. Dont get me wrong Hibs were comfortably the better side but we contained them quite effectively with 11 v 11. Afterthe sending off I thought we actually did Falkirk a big favour as many teams would have capitulated in similar circumstances..

That said I strongly believe that committing professional fouls is a disaster waiting to happen and when you resort to these tactics you invariably reap what you sow. We were also guilty of wasting time yesterday even in the first half - after our last visit when we lost the disputed extra time goal it was disappointing to witness a repetition.

Overall I thought the players fought really hard in difficult circumstances and the makeshift back 4 + Jim did very well.Russell and Hilson both put in tremendous shifts throughout.

Even taking into account the players that were missing, that was a dire game to watch. We didn't show any great desire to try for a result to perhaps achieve 5th place.  There was very little urgency in our play, and allowed Hibs' players plenty of room, and resorted to time-wasting from very early in the game. Gary Oliver must have had his worst game in a Queens' jersey, if not in his career, and topped it off by missing an absolute sitter.  Jim Atkinson made a few good saves but it was more a case of Hibs' woeful finishing that kept the score respectable. Obviously Millar's harsh sending-off was a crucial point in the game, but even before that we looked like a team that were simply going through the motions. 

MM's red card a little harsh. I don't think it made a major difference. Most of the Queens games I've seen this year have been in March and April, when things have clearly picked up, but this to me was an ok performance against a hugely bigger club. It could all be a lot worse than this, get the next managerial appointment right (not sure who) and the raw material is there for a considerably better 2016/2017.

Archived