Alloa v Dumbarton

The one thing that concerns me about Nade is his fitness. I'd love to see him stay but at the same time I'd hate to see us blow a large chunk of the wage budget on a guy who isn't fit for half the season.

He's been outstanding for us but his fitness has to be taken into consideration IMO.

Yeah, I can take that onboard.

I wouldn't want us to blow a large chunk of our budget on anyone TBH, that would leave us with a potentially unbalanced squad, which has been the issue this year.

I would love to see what a 'fully-fit, having done a pre-season' can do though given he's been nothing short of a revelation for us since coming in a few months ago.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one thing that concerns me about Nade is his fitness. I'd love to see him stay but at the same time I'd hate to see us blow a large chunk of the wage budget on a guy who isn't fit for half the season.

He's been outstanding for us but his fitness has to be taken into consideration IMO.

I hope we spend all the wage budget on Nade and just pad out the squad with dross tbh. What an 18 games it would be

I'd like to see us go out and try to enjoy ourselves on Sunday. Let the players try things. No point in playing to keep it tight - it's dead rubber for both teams. The only thing Alloa players have to play for is next year's contract and the same goes for our guys so why not go out and play with a bit of freedom?

Going thro to this, really just to see out the season, with a fervent hope that we assemble a different squad for August.  Because IMO we have to.

We do.

If I was the gaffer then I'm be prioritising the wings and a creative midfielder. We will always find grafters but this season we really lacked any creativity. Wouldn't be against Agnew coming back to give us a range of passing and a bit of vision in midfield. We've lacked that kind of player this season.

With Marr suspended would like to see Hoggan come in and get a chance at right back with Mcausland centre back or vice Versa.

How's McAusland been? One of my mates interviewed him at Uni a few weeks back and apparently he's a "lovely guy who doesn't just talk in cliches"

How's McAusland been? One of my mates interviewed him at Uni a few weeks back and apparently he's a "lovely guy who doesn't just talk in cliches"

Been pretty average all season as have most players but since we've hit a bit of consistency with Jack Ross so has he. Pretty versatile as well, he's still a question mark with Alloa fans because for a spell he was absolutely woeful!

There's quite a nice feel about this fixture; last season we lost Cowden from our part-time triumvirate, and now we bid farewell to our friends from Alloa.  And with that, the real possibility that Sons will be last minnow standing in next season's Championship.

Ach weel, hauf twelve on Sunday is as good a time as any to demonstrate just how gash these teams can be - bring it on :lol:  

With Marr suspended would like to see Hoggan come in and get a chance at right back with Mcausland centre back or vice Versa.

I wouldn't mind seeing Hammy at CB, often feel that he would be more suited to that role than LB in the long term. That would of course mean two left sided players in the centre of the defence, but Dougie can play on the right side of the middle easily enough. It would also allow us to give Lewis Wilson a shot at LB.

McAusland has been steady enough of late. Have to say I felt sorry for him at the last home game when he got some criticism from the terraces. It's clear that the guy is giving his all and he has probably been a safer bet defensively at RB than Finnie, and with the way we have been playing of late that's what was required. That daft penalty at Ibrox though showed a lack of composure, something I fear he is prone too. We should be able to get better options for next season and if he is retained, ideally it would be as cover. Indeed, a league below and with more scope for the full-backs to push on, I think Finnie would be preferable. 

I wouldn't mind seeing Hammy at CB, often feel that he would be more suited to that role than LB in the long term. That would of course mean two left sided players in the centre of the defence, but Dougie can play on the right side of the middle easily enough. It would also allow us to give Lewis Wilson a shot at LB.

McAusland has been steady enough of late. Have to say I felt sorry for him at the last home game when he got some criticism from the terraces. It's clear that the guy is giving his all and he has probably been a safer bet defensively at RB than Finnie, and with the way we have been playing of late that's what was required. That daft penalty at Ibrox though showed a lack of composure, something I fear he is prone too. We should be able to get better options for next season and if he is retained, ideally it would be as cover. Indeed, a league below and with more scope for the full-backs to push on, I think Finnie would be preferable.

What would you say to Hoggan Hammy Hill Wilson back line for Sunday?

Be surprised if it's not Finnie back in, McAusland central. Still can't make my mind up about McAusland but has had his fair share of decent outings since the turn of the year. Mainly solid but unspectacular. Gave away the pen and lost Tavernier for the goal on Saturday but that's hardly a career killer at our level.

Still can't make my mind up about McAusland but has had his fair share of decent outings since the turn of the year.

Indeed. I think Jack will keep him because he can play in several positions.

On the Tavernier goal, I felt Gallacher was more at fault as it was a cross he could have come for. McNeill would have got pelters. ;)

Bump. Good to see excitement's building for this. Seen as we've nothing to lose I'd like to switch things about a bit and give a few players a chance to earn a deal for next year:

Jamie Ewings

Scott Taggart Steven Saunders Gregor Buchanan Mikey Hopkins

Tom Walsh Jamie Lindsay Mark Docherty Kler Heh

Garry Fleming

Donald McCallum/Paul Heffernan

I fancy seeing what the Mantis can do at centre-half ahead of potentially losing either or all of Wright/Barr/Buchanan next season. With the 20s disbanding give Hopkins a punt (iirc he's a left-back) and a chance to show us what he can do ahead of potentially 1st team football next season.

In midfield I've no idea if Heh actually exists. So we'd need to find the Myanmarese Nicky Phinn first. Assuming he does him and Walsh out wide with Lindsay and Sparky in the middle. If not then start Waters out left.

I remember a few Wasps fans saying Sparky was better in the middle, but he's been pretty excellent at LB for us, if we lose Routledge then maybe he could be the man to come in and do the dirty work.

Naturally Garry in the No.10 role supporting either Heffernan or McCallum. The Heff is a clever player, but isn't on the same wavelength as the rest of the team. McCallum is undoubtedly a good attacker, he's just physically not up to it. Still think, besides a loan spell, this is the sort of game for him to learn in.

Edit: I'd also stick young John Cunningham on the bench to hopefully hand him his debut.

Archived