Alloa v Dumbarton

The unbeaten run continued at Ibrox at the weekend so I am obliged to start another match thread in the hope of extending it to the end of the season.

Obviously nothing much at stake for either side but Alloa have shown a lot of heart in recent weeks to keep fighting for points. I really hope they can keep that going until full-time on Sunday. We have certainly won back plenty of pride but they can still avoid being the first Alloa team to win less than 5 league games in a season. That would be a good way for the players who will be leaving to sign off.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't suppose either team thought this would be a dead rubber for both back in August, but hey ho. Well done to Dumbarton for staying up again, and relatively comfortably in the end. Hope you manage it again next season too, in what should be a tougher league for a team at the bottom end.

Another good performance on Saturday and I think we'll all be looking forward to next season with more faith than we started the last. Hopefully both sides just go for it and try to give us all one last hurrah before the good weather starts and we have to creosote fences 'n' all that pish   :angry:

We haven't scored away from home since December the 19th.

The way we played tonight (and in every away game since then) I don't see that run being broken in this one.

Still, hopefully it'll be a decent day out. I'm really going to miss a trip to the Recs next season, one of my favourite away grounds.

Marr has a one match suspension for this one. Any chance we can count this game as the Stirlingshire Cup Final too? Otherwise, I fear that game won't be played before 2024!

Marr has a one match suspension for this one. Any chance we can count this game as the Stirlingshire Cup Final too? Otherwise, I fear that game won't be played before 2024!

That's not a bad idea at all. Shame it won't happen.

The more I think about it, the more I hope Stevie decides to play our good players in this one to avoid another turgid, miserable, toothless away display.

What does everyone else think?

Watching his post St Mirren game interview, I think he intends to give others a game.

Watching his post St Mirren game interview, I think he intends to give others a game.

Perhaps the lesser spotted Kler Heh will slink out of the supporters bar where he was last seen having a cup of tea, and play in this. That would be nice.

I really don't care. We're safe, the season's done, we're only going for the party and if Stevie fancies running the rule over a few fringe players on Sunday before deciding who to keep or punt then he can wire in.

I'm more looking forward to the POTY awards where we can all enjoy a loving embrace with oor Christian :wub:

Only concern was he talked about giving some game time to players when he really meant Cawley and gall?? And chucked the in form guys .

Whilst Sunday should and will be a celebration , I want the no goal monkey of our back and a win to end season

Only concern was he talked about giving some game time to players when he really meant Cawley and gall?? And chucked the in form guys .

Whilst Sunday should and will be a celebration , I want the no goal monkey of our back and a win to end season

That was my worry. With nothing to play for I'd like to see McCallum, Miley and Cunningham get some game time. They'd benefit more from that than players who have had all season to impress.

I don't think he'll change it much though, probably switch Gallagher and Cawley for Lindsay and Walsh again and maybe start Gaz in place of the Heff but that would be it.

Going thro to this, really just to see out the season, with a fervent hope that we assemble a different squad for August. Because IMO we have to.

Basically every year we have to assemble a new squad. Generally, any player who has a good season will move on to better things. Any who don't do too well don't get offered new deals. Doesn't often leave too many.

Imo this season will see one of the smallest rebuilding jobs in the last few years for us. I'd say the likes of Wright, Buchanan, Docherty, Fleming and Ewings would be more than happy to be here next year. A few of the players may look to go FT again. The likes of Cawley and Gallagher can leave as far as I'm concerned. That only leaves the younger boys who haven't got much game time and the loanees.

I'm looking forward to a good day out here. Celebrating achieving safety yet again, and an away goal would be rejoiced in what I believe is referred to as '#scenes' amongst the away support.

Should be a good day none-the-less and then the POTY afterwards, which is always a good do'.

For next season, I'd like us to at least try and retain Ewings, Buchanan, Wright, Saunders or Taggart, Barr, Fleming and of course, Prince Christian.

Whether we can retain any of them is yet to be seen, but we do need to improve on the others in the squad in addition to those I've mentioned above, so it's a big summer ahead for Stevie and the club.

I'm looking forward to a good day out here. Celebrating achieving safety yet again, and an away goal would be rejoiced in what I believe is referred to as '#scenes' amongst the away support.

Should be a good day none-the-less and then the POTY afterwards, which is always a good do'.

For next season, I'd like us to at least try and retain Ewings, Buchanan, Wright, Saunders or Taggart, Barr, Fleming and of course, Prince Christian.

Whether we can retain any of them is yet to be seen, but we do need to improve on the others in the squad in addition to those I've mentioned above, so it's a big summer ahead for Stevie and the club.

The one thing that concerns me about Nade is his fitness. I'd love to see him stay but at the same time I'd hate to see us blow a large chunk of the wage budget on a guy who isn't fit for half the season.

He's been outstanding for us but his fitness has to be taken into consideration IMO.

Archived