Pre-season Friendlies.........

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understood that the revamping of the league cup was with a view to the sectional games being treated as friendlies. As the groups start on 16th July any friendlies before that will have to be in the first two weeks of July. So I very much doubt if there will be any friendlies against English clubs. And friendlies against Scottish clubs are a waste of time from a spectator point of view. Just boring

Our pre-season is always boring. If it weren't for the annual Bankie pumping it would be even worse. I'll probably give them a miss again this year.

Did Aitken not plan a couple of decent pre-seasons at Stranraer when he was there? Pretty sure he organised some decent games and away days for them. But could be completely wrong with that!

Arran will never happen again. Ever.

Was this part of the same pre season that Morton went down to Campbeltown to play Campbeltown Pupils? I grew up there and remember going, people were treating it like the Globetrotters were coming to town.

They painted the benches and everything.

Norwich and Leicester? Jeez. I'd take a pre-season tournament at Stark's of Us, Real Madrid, Juve and Dortmund.

We need a Highland Tour while the pitch gets sorted.

I hope I'm wrong, but I believe we have been invited to participate in the Gretna tournament at the beginning of the season. I personally believe that Championship teams are too strong to even contemplate such weak opposition in pre-season. I'm hoping for Trip to Spain or France instead!

Archived