Pre-season Friendlies.........

Hopefully some Championship clubs will arrange some juicy Friendlies before he new season starts. I'm hoping Queens play a few games in England as its a good day out. I think we suffered this season because of weak opposition last time around, so fingers crossed! Anyone heard who youse might be playing?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully some Championship clubs will arrange some juicy Friendlies before he new season starts. I'm hoping Queens play a few games in England as its a good day out. I think we suffered this season because of weak opposition last time around, so fingers crossed! Anyone Les heard who youse might be playing?

Les Heard, a great striker with Bradford Park Avenue back in the day.

We always seem to play Rotherham at home in an absolutely fucking rancid contest: the fact that Neil Warnock manages them and has ties to the area makes it a racing certainty. The first-team squad seemed to enjoy their mini Highland tour of Brora and Clach last season: hopefully they can scale it up a bit to allow more fans to make the journey as well.

One day we might even be allowed back on the isle of Arran again.

We'll probably play Partick Thistle, Clydebank and perhaps a Celtic Xi given the ties we seem to have with them.

Would be nice to get a wee trip over to the East again to play Spartans or Civil Service Strollers, but I think that was an Ian Murray tactic to let him get home quicker. Also would be nice to get a big-ish English team like when we got a full-strength Middlesbrough a few years back, but I can't really see that happening. 

With the League Cup due to start around the 19/7 (iirc) then I'd imagine the first few games of that will effectively be glorified friendlies. 

Imagine we'll play Norwich and maybe even Leicester due to the ties the club have made with them this season. If we could play them away it'd be a few good, different weekends away.

If we played either of them away, that would be quality, especially Leicester if they win the league. Could also be a really good money spinner if we played them at home, and have the Norwich game away.

If we played either of them away, that would be quality, especially Leicester if they win the league. Could also be a really good money spinner if we played them at home, and have the Norwich game away.

I'd imagine demand for tickets in Norwich going through the roof.

It'd be hardly worth their while opening the training ground for that kind of game.

😂😂😂😂

One day we might even be allowed back on the isle of Arran again.

Arran will never happen again. Ever.

:lol: I'm guessing a fun trip was had by all from the Greenock area?

:lol: I'm guessing a fun trip was had by all from the Greenock area?

A fantastic day out.

Dougie Rae had a holiday home in Arran and I'd imagine was quite friendly with the high society on the island and decided to bring the team over for a four team tournament played over one day about 12 years ago.

Great idea in theory, we brought about 1000 over and the local hostelries probably made a few quid. In practice it didn't work out as well, especially if you saw the police presence in Ardrossan when we got off the boat.

I was gutted we didn't get invited to the International Champions Cup again this year so I am hoping we tour the states anyway I think Man Utd and Barcelona are over there so we should maybe be looking for games against them if not then I suppose Dog and Duck FC will have to do.

Random question but are the Welsh and Northern Irish champions going to be competing in next seasons Ramsdens cup games? Could be a chance for a wee trip into new destinations. Know it was proposed but not sure it was confirmed. Lets face it the Ramsden Cup games are like glorified pre season friendlies

Random question but are the Welsh and Northern Irish champions going to be competing in next seasons Ramsdens cup games? Could be a chance for a wee trip into new destinations. Know it was proposed but not sure it was confirmed. Lets face it the Ramsden Cup games are like glorified pre season friendlies

What a dreadful idea.

Archived