Falkirk v Morton

This will be my first visit to TFS so looking forward to it. We've got an extra £70k to play for so not meaningless but our players seem to be in holiday mode already. Both St.Mirren & Queens have tough games as well so hopefully we can retain 5th.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eadie is the best CB at 20's age group but is injured.

Gallagher is due to be away with Scotland at the euro finals.

Finlayson isn't near ready.

I would withdraw Gallagher from the Scotland squad and play Leahy at RB.

A sudden invitation for the Saturday night had me making loads of arrangements before I remembered about the switch.

The Sunday game makes life a lot easier for me although it's clear I'm fairly far down the road to senility.

Away win.

I get home from my holidays at about 9am on Sunday morning. I had already promised my season ticket to a friend before the game got switched.

Ach, I will be jet lagged to f**k anyway.

Standard away win.

The danger of having McHugh starting is not having the impact of him to come off the bench later on in the game. However, with O'Hara's pace I feel we do have an impact player who could help us towards the end of the game.

McHugh will be frustrated at not starting games despite scoring crucial goals for us and Baird has been off form for months.

Not really the time of year to be mixing it up in terms of starting etc.  Team will probably line up:

Rogers

Alston - Muirhead - McCracken - Leahy

Taiwo - Kerr - Sibbald - Hippolyte

Miller - Baird

McHugh has been effective when he's come on, and I would expect a similar impact.  I just can't help feeling that we may win our game by the odd goal, however Hibs will give Dumbarton a trouncing tomorrow and likewise QotS 

I just can't help feeling that we may win our game by the odd goal, however Hibs will give Dumbarton a trouncing tomorrow and likewise QotS 

Dumbarton may have the poorest away form in the league, but Hibs biggest wins this season have only been 3-0 v Alloa and 4-1 v St Mirren. A 1-0 win for us here would leave them needing 9 goals in their two games. Not out the question, but a big ask.

Not really the time of year to be mixing it up in terms of starting etc. Team will probably line up:

Rogers

Alston - Muirhead - McCracken - Leahy

Taiwo - Kerr - Sibbald - Hippolyte

Miller - Baird

McHugh has been effective when he's come on, and I would expect a similar impact. I just can't help feeling that we may win our game by the odd goal, however Hibs will give Dumbarton a trouncing tomorrow and likewise QotS

Why not? Consistently playing a guy up front who's not on form, how does that do the team any favours? FWIW I'm a fan of Baird, but doesn't send a good message out to the team that he's guaranteed a game regardless of form or others in the team.

Alston at RB can GTF as well.

Why not? Consistently playing a guy up front who's not on form, how does that do the team any favours? FWIW I'm a fan of Baird, but doesn't send a good message out to the team that he's guaranteed a game regardless of form or others in the team.

Alston at RB can GTF as well.

The line up I put up there is what I believe the line up will be, not necessarily what I want it to be.  Though I believe Taiwo would be more effective at RB, I reckon Alston will be put at RB as he's been there a couple of times already.

I also think as much as McHugh is deserving a start and Baird looks like he needs a wee break, McHugh has been effective as a super sub and think he's best utilised this way.

Guest Back Post Misses

Jim Duffie to lie down for the club who gave him his first break in management. Stubbs seeth after they knock 4 past Dumbarton and we do the same in the last 20 minutes to pip them by a goal.   :unsure2:

I reality take a 1-0 now and hope that Dumbarton and QOS dont shite in the nest. 

Guest Back Post Misses

Really don't feel good about this game. Can see us heavy hibsing it

If we're playing a midfielder at rb it has to be Taiwo

We were are our best on Saturday when Taiwo was in beside Kerr. I would like him in there. 

RB is a real headache with Vaulks suspended and Muirhead missing Raith. 

As much as I would like Alston on the right wing, I think it is the sensible option to have him at RB rather than Taiwo. Both are midfielders and would naturally have the tendency to move forward. Out of the 2 if caught out of position I think Alston has more pace than Taiwo to track back and has more chance of doing this for 90 minutes than Taiwo could in my opinion.

Archived