Are white settlers to blame for the failure of "indyref"?

dorlomin

Did "indyref" fail because of "white settlers and immigrants?  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think you will find that the majority of the Scottish electorate voted Yes, the status quo was achieved by the white settlers/ scared by propaganda immigrant vote.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/229218-should-we-leave-the-eu/?p=10378839

Clearly there is a fair bit of support for the idea that the Yes campaign failed because of immigrants including "white settlers" only one or two nationalists have said this is a poor way to phrase things. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/229218-should-we-leave-the-eu/?p=10378839

Clearly there is a fair bit of support for the idea that the Yes campaign failed because of immigrants including "white settlers" only one or two nationalists have said this is a poor way to phrase things.

Don't you normally wait until Labour are officially annihilated in an election before having a teary-eyed breakdown?

You can't blame any of the electorate for the result. 

I do think if only Scottish people were allowed to vote it would have been a different result but that wouldn't have been a fair way to do it.

It was up to the YES side to convince more than 50% of the people to vote for Independence and they came up short for whatever reason. 

Bob the tank is obviously an utter cretin, but starting a thread based purely on one post of his inane nonsense is definite heads gone material.

I have to say I'm truly stunned that it was Dorlomin who suffered the cranial detachment. Most unlike a Labour drone to send their skull into the stratosphere on the basis of one preposterous comment which is roundly mocked by everyone else anyway.

Presumably if Rangers fans hadn't been allowed to vote there would have been a Yes victory. Doesn't mean I'd want them disenfranchised.

The Rangers fans should be forbidden from voting during the next referendum IMO.

We're a broad kirk, as is right.  A fair few P&B Bears are, understandably, Scots Nats and I certainly respect their views.

We are all Bears, though and are brought together by what happens on the park.

Archived