TEAMS THAT GO AWAY IN THE HUFF IF THEY DON'T WIN

villager

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many clubs who do not have social clubs are sponsored by local pubs and have their hospitality at their sponsors bar. When visiting clubs fail to turn up to invited hospitality it is not only bad manners but could lose the host club their sponsorship.

Hello Caroline this is John Gibson the Assistant Manager of Shotts Bon Accord, I feel that I had to reply to your post about Saturday after hearing about it from a friend at work.

First of all myself and the manager Tam McDonald always come in for a cup of tea and a bite to eat after every game, win, lose or draw and we have done for the last 15 years, we always thank the staff before we leave as manners cost nothing, I`m sure the people of others clubs who have served us through the years will verify this. 

On Saturday as usual after speaking to the players Tam headed for your club, after I had showered and got changed I also headed for your club, Tam had already been there for 15 minutes and had been offered nothing, not even a cup of tea, when I arrived with our physio we waited a further 10 to 15 mins and still nothing, what I will say is your food looked lovely as you served your own players and completely ignored us, we then decided to leave, as we were leaving I met your goalkeeping coach Ian Wilson and I relayed my feelings towards him about your hospitality and not being offered at least a cup of tea, I don`t know if Ian relayed this matter to you and this is why you have posted this.

I hope my post can add some clarity to this topic.

Thanks John.

What's the chances of Caroline eating a bit of her own humble pie and offering a FULL apology to Shotts Bon Accord?

Maybe her and wee bubba had too many sherbits after a certain game on Sunday then became keyboard warriors.

Get your facts correct before you try n blacken the name of any other club.

Must admit ive had loads of experiences of shotts at Bellsdale and big tam and his assistants are always first up for tea and a blether win lose or draw, in fact they even done it after winning 1-0 against us with only ten minutes to go and the game was abandoned due to a flooded pitch which must have been a sore one.

His players have always been pretty much the same In my experiences in terms of always showing.

Brilliant this 😂 full scaler oor " pieces and cold meat and cheese " ma experience is that the home side should provide the away team and management with " food, refreshments " first as they will need to travel while the home players would usually stay behind for drinks etc...

So in that 25 minutes he was there not one shotts player stepped in the club. Strange that eh. Very strange. Who told them not to go in and why. Every other club have managed to hold tight till the hot food is ready.

Sorry to disappoint you but their is no table service at Cumbernauld and Caroline and the team do their very best to put out quality food every week. Hot food I may add, which will be timed for guys having a shower and making their way to the club and once they are all just about in the food will be served. That's fair eh. We wouldn't want hot food going cold surely.

So was there no food ? or was Caroline waiting on your players coming in to serve the hot food ?

Still I say.... Not one player or committee member stepped foot in the club after the game.

Yer teas oot pal ha ha ha.

Archived