Rangers players being snubbed

kenny131

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OP poses a decent question, but this is a one off game vs fierce rivals, so I don't think we can read too much into it. Next season, Rangers are in the PL and their players should quite rightly be considered. But the Championship is not and never should be used as a recruit pool for the national side, with the exception of the odd outstanding talent.

OP poses a decent question, but this is a one off game vs fierce rivals, so I don't think we can read too much into it. Next season, Rangers are in the PL and their players should quite rightly be considered. But the Championship is not and never should be used as a recruit pool for the national side, with the exception of the odd outstanding talent.

Agreed with that maybe next season we can see some of these Scots in the rangers side improve even more. It can only bode well for our team if they kick on from here. I was only posting about it as I never expected to see them play so well win lose today

Many a player have left clubs to go on prove wrong. At least have a valid point

Of course, but Holt has left Hearts and played in the division below them. A couple of excellent performances in cup ties aren't enough evidence for a call-up. If he goes on to be excellent next season in the top flight then fine, but so far he's done nothing to prove Hearts wrong and there are quite rightly a multitude of players ahead of him for a call-up.

Kenny Miller has been the player who has impressed me the most out of the Rangers team this season. I don't think he should be recalled.

There are also plenty of Scottish players at Celtic overlooked. Let's face it, we could overlook every player who is playing in Scotland and not be weaker for it.

To be honest I find it encouraging that we don't just pick whichever arsehole is doing well for Rangers or Celtic. Absolute dross like Halliday, McGregor and Mackay-Steven should be nowhere near the national set-up.

And based on this season's form, nor should Scott Brown, before anyone else says it. He's either unfit or totally finished.

Gordon, Mulgrew, Griffiths and Tierney are the only OF players who should be considered for a national squad currently. None of them should be first pick and only Tierney is ever likely to be.

Wilson, Holt, McKay, McGregor, Halliday, Brown, GMS, Armstrong? Nah. Not unless they improve drastically.

Same rules apply for jobbers like Charlie Adam, George Boyd and Scott Arfield playing EPL.

To be honest I find it encouraging that we don't just pick whichever arsehole is doing well for Rangers or Celtic. Absolute dross like Halliday, McGregor and Mackay-Steven should be nowhere near the national set-up.

And based on this season's form, nor should Scott Brown, before anyone else says it. He's either unfit or totally finished.

Gordon, Mulgrew, Griffiths and Tierney are the only OF players who should be considered for a national squad currently. None of them should be first pick and only Tierney is ever likely to be.

Wilson, Holt, McKay, McGregor, Halliday, Brown, GMS, Armstrong? Nah. Not unless they improve drastically.

Same rules apply for jobbers like Charlie Adam, George Boyd and Scott Arfield playing EPL.

Agree with all of this although I wouldn't really have Mulgrew in my squad but I can see why he gets included as he can play several different positions.

Disagree about Adam though, I think he's a decent player with excellent passing and delivery. I'd have him in the squad but I wouldn't start him. He's currently out of favour at Stoke so I doubt he'll be called up anytime soon anyway.

Archived