Just a Thought............

Nugent4nil

I must confess that I hate the ‘junior family’ tag, I hate the ‘insertname here’ family thing I just feel it’s overused…………. what I do feel however is that junior football has an outstanding community spirit and in many cases the team is the focus of the community rather than the reverse.
The exposure the game and those involved get is always criticised, sometimes unfairly IMO while on other occasions the criticism is more than just.
Apart from reports in sporadic publications, some far better than others, the only publicity the grade seems to get again IMO, is negative or in some cases bad news stories, recently for example we have had Irvine Meadows plight, officials passing away, trouble at grounds etc what irks me is that there are never any good news stories highlighted, well not many, when we all know that many clubs do lots to help their communities.
My thought, and it is just that, is why don’t we as supporters, manager, players, coaches, committee men or ladies, basically enthusiasts of the game highlight the good news stories as nobody else seems to want to.
My idea is why not have a ‘junior week’ where any club can come on board and for a certain week in the season of year they do something for their local community and we put it on here and publicise it.
A dance where the money goes to a local hospital, a collection for the local food-bank, raising money in remembrance of someone connected to the club, basically anything of your choice and we show the good side of the grade.
I know that many clubs already do things like this but it’s never mentioned which I feel is unfair, if it’s OK to give headlines to the bad things then……………

I will be announcing something I am planning which will take place at the beginning of June, as I said it’s up to clubs or individuals if this is something they’d be interested in joining in but if you do then publicise it and if not then that’s fine too.

We've just sold 24 75th Clydebank Blitz memorial matchworn jerseys with the proceeds - around £1000 to be split between St Margaret's Hospice and Erskine hospital. Wee good news story out of something really horrible in the town's history

We would be happy to be part of a collective approach that is recognised for the grade

Happy to share with any clubs some of the things we do that are not much work but have big benefits in the community

Good post mate

If you are going to publicise it on P&B you'd be as well getting the moderators on board to try and get rid of the dross that people are posting while arguing with each other.

Imagine you were visiting this site for the first time and had the misfortune to read the last couple of pages of the Hurlford thread (one of many examples). You'd never log back on.

Archived