Hibsing It...The Rules..(Incorporating Hibs' Hibsiest Hibsings)

Rattled Hibs fans playing the 'obsessed' and 'look how much effort you're putting into talking about Hibs!!!!111!' cards again.

After decades of valiantly trying to hang on to their sanity and pride, the last two months have just been too much. They are broken.

Not really, I think the fact that pretty much every good non Hibs poster on the Championship sub forum has chosen not to get involved in this thread speaks volumes.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sake! Are Partick that boring that their fan has to spend hours writing up fake dictionary entries about another team in a different league?! The joys of following an inconsequential diddy team I guess

It took me about as long to write that up as ten-men would need to absolutely cripple your season tbh.

Not really, I think the fact that pretty much every good non Hibs poster on the Championship sub forum has chosen not to get involved in this thread speaks volumes.

Still, at least you aren't bothered though.

Could you be any more rattled ? Things have spiralled downwards for you faster than Tommy in Trainspotting since you disgraced yourself following the Morton felching Hibs suffered.

Trying to think of other similar examples which are, or should be, in the scottish football psyche.

Losing to 10 or fewer men in a major cup final would be "doing a st mirren".

Successive relegations would be "doing a thistle." (Bah.)

Arguably given their european form pre liquidation, losing to any unfashionable side with a fraction of the budget in a european qualifying round should perhaps be "doing a rangers" though this might be tricky to apply to sides other than Celtic or in the future, Rangers*. Plus they arent alone in having underachieved badly in these rounds. Would say motherwells (think it was them) loss to part-timers from iceland should fall under the "doing a rangers" category. Any future losses to malmo given their record over hibs, rangers and celtic are exempt from this.

Does that mean successive promotions can be "doing an alloa"? :)

For what its worth, I don't actively think of Hibs fans when I take mirth from a Hibsing up - I point and laugh at players, particularly the likes of Ryan McGivern (I miss him...), the coaching staff and the general hilarity of the situation, without really thinking of the fans themselves.

Conversely, with something like a typical pre-liquidation Rangers or recent Celtic humiliation in Europe to some minnows with a fraction of the resources, or Rangers* failings in the Petrofac cup, I'd be pointing and laughing at the fans, without really thinking of the players/coaching staff involved.

That doesn't always hold true - Efe Ambrose as a player, and Ronny Deila/Ally McCoist as managers responsible for some major failings stand out as being official club figures that have been, for one reason or another, very lolworthy - but largely it's the case.

Alan Stubbs on BBC feature on weekends Scottish cup games said " form is temporary , quality is permanent and when you've got quality,it's just a matter of time before that comes to the fore again "

Well Alan , Hibs have fucked up in this competition for the past 113 years, so it's taking a long long long time for that " quality" to come to the fore !!

For what its worth, I don't actively think of Hibs fans when I take mirth from a Hibsing up - I point and laugh at players, particularly the likes of Ryan McGivern (I miss him...), the coaching staff and the general hilarity of the situation, without really thinking of the fans themselves.

Conversely, with something like a typical pre-liquidation Rangers or recent Celtic humiliation in Europe to some minnows with a fraction of the resources, or Rangers* failings in the Petrofac cup, I'd be pointing and laughing at the fans, without really thinking of the players/coaching staff involved.

That doesn't always hold true - Efe Ambrose as a player, and Ronny Deila/Ally McCoist as managers responsible for some major failings stand out as being official club figures that have been, for one reason or another, very lolworthy - but largely it's the case.

Chelski are another example.

De Bruyne and Moses out. Salah and Cuadrado in and then out on loan

Lukaku out. Remy and Falcao in.

Then there are this seasons signings - Amelia, Baba, Djilibodji and Miazga.

Mourinho was fucked by Emanalo and the Chelsea board.

Archived