Queen of the South Management Team

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've a feeling Queens have their manager lined up, he's manager of one of the teams involved in their leagues play-offs. I'll stick my neck out and go for Ian McCall.

Why would Ian McCall leave Ayr United for queen of the south when Ayr are a bigger team than your lot? Not a chance.

Why would Ian McCall leave Ayr United for queen of the south when Ayr are a bigger team than your lot? Not a chance.

Glorious weather for an early morning fishing trip. Well done for getting out there.

Latest odds:

Skelton 5/4

Locke 6/1

Scally 6/1

Young 6/1

Naysmith 6/1

Smith 8/1

Nicholson 10/1

Brian Reid 16/1

Chapman 16/1

McCall 16/1

I Murray 20/1

G Murray 20/1

Latapy 25/1

Cameron 25/1

McPherson 25/1

Russell 33/1

McNamara 33/1

Thomson 33/1

Billy Reid 33/1

Aitken 33/1

Lennon 33/1

Calderwood 33/1

Butcher 33/1

Moore 33/1

McCoist 33/1

Burns 33/1

As for Irons came across him at work and in the pub a few times, complete T#@T !!!

Why is Davie irons and a T#@T? I think you couldn't be further from the truth there. ive worked with him in a football capacity before and he is a nice guy,passionate and will always back up his team. probably wait until you know someone before you slag them online.

I think Rowan has been away from the game for too long to come back into queens and there will be a lot of candidates who are young and hungry which is the way we have went the past 3 managers. It's going to be a hard task for queens because they are leaving it late and other teams are snapping up players quickly.

Why is Davie irons and a T#@T? I think you couldn't be further from the truth there. ive worked with him in a football capacity before and he is a nice guy,passionate and will always back up his team. probably wait until you know someone before you slag them online.

I think Rowan has been away from the game for too long to come back into queens and there will be a lot of candidates who are young and hungry which is the way we have went the past 3 managers. It's going to be a hard task for queens because they are leaving it late and other teams are snapping up players quickly.

Hi David, how's things?

Didn't his daughter join the site and throw her toys out the pram because the Stenny fans were being nasty about him?

Well I'm just a normal queens fan that just usually reads these pages instead of commenting. I'm just saying it how I know the person. A lot of you are sticking up for Rowan even though I remember queens fans used to always sing "Alexander you're a w@n##r" a lot of two faced people on this forum.

Didn't his daughter join the site and throw her toys out the pram because the Stenny fans were being nasty about him?

I have no idea. I do remember Jim Weir's daughter squaring up to players on Twitter when her Da' got the sack though  :lol:

I see Ian mccall name is now in the betting list experienced ex qos man local from Dumfries and doing pretty well at Ayr United at the moment could he be the manager the club is waiting on.

I'd expect Brian Reid before Ian McCall tbh. McCall has been tried and tested before. That's not to say I'd be overjoyed with Reid getting the gig.

If the board are waiting until after the play-offs** then I'd be of the opinion they're waiting to see how Stranraer get on rather than Ayr.

** Not that I particularly think that's the case. Just that that theory has been floated around here.

I wonder if Dobbie would fancy it ? .Its not out of the question ,him and an experienced coach .He has made enough to keep himself going for long time, and may fancy the step in to player/manager role .

As for some of the names quoted well they dont exactly fill me with optimism .

As for players get Josh Todd from Annan signed.He is the best they have got and a Copshaw lad, which would suit him as far as travelling ( home games anyway)  goes . 

I wonder if Dobbie would fancy it ? .Its not out of the question ,him and an experienced coach .He has made enough to keep himself going for long time, and may fancy the step in to player/manager role .

As for some of the names quoted well they dont exactly fill me with optimism .

As for players get Josh Todd from Annan signed.He is the best they have got and a Copshaw lad, which would suit him as far as travelling ( home games anyway) goes .

You just wonder if Dobbie will continue playing in England just now. I don't know if he'll stay at relegated Bolton to play in League One, though if he did stay at the Macron Stadium, you would fancy the Trotters to be amongst the favourites to go straight back up to the Championship.

Would be good to get Josh Todd on board.

I see Ian mccall name is now in the betting list experienced ex qos man local from Dumfries and doing pretty well at Ayr United at the moment could he be the manager the club is waiting on.

I wouldn't reckon Queens would go back down that road.

Current 10/1 for Doonhamer Barry Nicholson. Where has he been lately?

Think he's assistant manager at fleetwood and takes the development team as well

Archived