Queen of the South Management Team

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny how these things pan out. Butcher's stock was quite high for his achievements at ICT but he has subsequently become a bit of a joke figure due to his time at Hibs.

He was replaced at Caley by another joke figure in Yogi Hughes, who in turn has done really well in the Highlands and restored his credibility.

I don't know what that tells us? Perhaps that if a club is run well it doesn't really matter who the manager is? Hopefully there's some truth in that because I think on the whole our club is well run.

Last i heard they were bottom of league. That was a while back though

They're third last in League Two, 9 points ahead of York City. I know Butcher left them two months into the season and they now have their third manager of the season.

Skelton has come into 8's from 12's and Terry Butcher is now on the list at 20's.

someone must av put a couple of pound on him maybe himself, same as Locke 4's into evens. Bookies put names up on list to make themselves money.

It's funny how these things pan out. Butcher's stock was quite high for his achievements at ICT but he has subsequently become a bit of a joke figure due to his time at Hibs.

He was replaced at Caley by another joke figure in Yogi Hughes, who in turn has done really well in the Highlands and restored his credibility.

I don't know what that tells us? Perhaps that if a club is run well it doesn't really matter who the manager is? Hopefully there's some truth in that because I think on the whole our club is well run.

The identity of the manager is obviously very important, particularly over a sustained period.

What I think your observations illustrate though is that luck plays a big part.

Managers can benefit hugely from a tail wind that doesn't necessarily have much to do with them. I think that Johnston and Fowler (initially) did that. Similarly, it can be difficult for even capable managers like Mixu to do undo serious damage.

There's obviously an art to football management, but particularly at our kind of level and particularly for new managers, I think it's a very inexact science and that 'stock' is really at the mercy of the gods to a large extent.

Queens really need to pull something out of the hat to entice the regulars back next season. Many frequent posters on this site are debating whether to return or not in the new term. I'm distraught, despondent and deflated, but I'll still moan like flip as always!

Is that post not a bit contradictory? If they were "regulars" they wouldn't need enticing back as they would be attending no matter what :P

Floating fans are what they need to try and encourage back.

Is that post not a bit contradictory? If they were "regulars" they wouldn't need enticing back as they would be attending no matter what :P

Floating fans are what they need to try and encourage back.

I've been a "regular" at Palmerston for most of my adult life however this season due to results/style of play plus family commitments I pick my games carefully and would indeed now class myself as a "floating fan", as are a lot of my friends now also!!!

I was very much in favour of the board's decision to relieve Fowler of his duties and I'm sure they will have learnt from their previous mistake and will appoint an able manager who has the the experience and ability to take the club forward.

Archived