info re players nearing end of contract

foofoo45

Pretty good idea? Realistically how else do managers know who haven't signed yet other than word of mouth??

Is this a feasible task for the league secretary? All details neednt be disclosed just players whos contract expiry is close.

All contracts are dealt with from the SFA registration dep, so think it would have to be them that released a list of out of contract players!

Why would clubs want everyone to know a contract is due to expire?

Im sure your club would find it useful when looking to recruit. If players are happy where they are playing then their contract expiry shouldnt be too big a deal.

Don't see a problem with a list of players already out of contract.  Every junior club gets sent a list of senior players out of contract periodically already.  The problem for me is putting out a list of those still under a contract which is close to ending.  It lends itself perfectly to players being tapped, almost an invitation in fact!

I'd think a lot of junior players are on a professional non-contract or amateur registration anyway which all run out on the same day, for this season it's the 20th June 2016.

Don't see a problem with a list of players already out of contract.  Every junior club gets sent a list of senior players out of contract periodically already.  The problem for me is putting out a list of those still under a contract which is close to ending.  It lends itself perfectly to players being tapped, almost an invitation in fact!

I'd think a lot of junior players are on a professional non-contract or amateur registration anyway which all run out on the same day, for this season it's the 20th June 2016.

I see your point. I thought it would make it easier to know which secs to call regarding players worth seeking permission to talk to. Naive or what? :-)

Given clubs can talk to anyone who is within the final 6 months of their contract i can't see any particular problem with 'tapping

Providing they ask the club's permission to do so in writing.  Otherwise it's tapping which still happens.

Archived