Hampden Pitch to be relaid for the semi-finals

Davie Bhoy

Did you ignore the bit about me saying the ground could be adapted. If there aren't sufficient turnstile & exits, it wouldn't cost a lot to instal what is needed. Toilets & Shops are an easy fix too.

Again a temporary stand like the ones at Hamilton & Falkirk would sort out the seats situation. There are no obstacles that couldn't be overcome.

You completely miss the point. 

THEY ALREADY HAVE A STADIUM.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a chance that by relaying it the pitch could be in an even worse state.

I wouldn't take the gamble.

Agree with this TBH.

How on earth is the new turf meant to bond onto the existing soil in the space of 2 or 3 days then have 2 high octane cup ties on it in the space of 24hrs

It will cut up to shreds and could be quite farcical

Did you ignore the bit about me saying the ground could be adapted. If there aren't sufficient turnstile & exits, it wouldn't cost a lot to instal what is needed. Toilets & Shops are an easy fix too.

Again a temporary stand like the ones at Hamilton & Falkirk would sort out the seats situation. There are no obstacles that couldn't be overcome.

So Toilets/Shops/Turnstiles, Exits and entrances/New Stands/A Roof for the existing seats.... Aye so basically everything but changing rooms, a football pitch and 200 seats? :lol:

May as well just build a new stadium.

What about hospitality? New floor added on to the social club to allow for that?? Or will they just have to shut the social club to let hospitality happen?

So Toilets/Shops/Turnstiles, Exits and entrances/New Stands/A Roof for the existing seats.... Aye so basically everything but changing rooms, a football pitch and 200 seats? :lol:

May as well just build a new stadium.

What about hospitality? New floor added on to the social club to allow for that?? Or will they just have to shut the social club to let hospitality happen?

Would you listen to you making it out like they are catering for a 50,000 crowd. We're talking about a few hundred. Do QP even do hospitality just now? I genuinely don't know but I can't imagine it'd be a big demand. We're only talking about a few turnstiles. What is the current state of play. A roof over the current seats...or like I said a temp stand could do the job.

Where you see obstacles, I see solutions. You just want to have a reason for a moan.

Would you listen to you making it out like they are catering for a 50,000 crowd. We're talking about a few hundred. Do QP even do hospitality just now? I genuinely don't know but I can't imagine it'd be a big demand. We're only talking about a few turnstiles. What is the current state of play. A roof over the current seats...or like I said a temp stand could do the job.

Where you see obstacles, I see solutions. You just want to have a reason for a moan.

No I do not, you're being ridiculous and very patronising. Of course they do hospitality??? Ffs.

And like I said it's not just a few hundred, it's 500 and with important games coming up in the next few weeks it will be 800 up to maybe a thousand odd depending on the play off outcome.

Lesser Hampden would not be suitable unless there was a load of money spent. Which isn't fair considering Hampden is THEIR HOME, do yourself a favour and stop havering shite.

Eta: the hospitality is one of lower league clubs biggest money makers, well it is for us, when we are in the play offs/challenging at the top we can easily sell out 130 hospitality packages at £60 a head. I'm sure they'd manage the same if they had an important end of season home schedule.

ffs, are you taking the piss? We have hospitality every week, match sponsors etc. Most clubs in the lower leagues do, believe it or not.

He's basing his lower league experience on a day out at Shettleston Juniors... (No offence to Shettleston by the way).

Very ignorant.

This is typical of an Old Firm fan. Patronising, ill-informed moron.

Next time theres a Semi at Celtic Park, Celtic should be forced to play their home games at Ibrox for the month beforehand. Its just down the road and is all set up to host Premiership games.

No I do not, you're being ridiculous and very patronising. Of course they do hospitality??? Ffs.

And like I said it's not just a few hundred, it's 500 and with important games coming up in the next few weeks it will be 800 up to maybe a thousand odd depending on the play off outcome.

500 IS a few hundred.

Lesser Hampden would not be suitable unless there was a load of money spent. Which isn't fair considering Hampden is THEIR HOME, do yourself a favour and stop havering shite.

Yes there would need to be money spent but it wouldn't be a great deal & it could be used on the occasions when big games at Hampden come around such as semi's, finals & Internationals. The stadium is owned by Hampden Park Ltd so it's surely open for consideration.

Eta: the hospitality is one of lower league clubs biggest money makers, well it is for us, when we are in the play offs/challenging at the top we can easily sell out 130 hospitality packages at £60 a head. I'm sure they'd manage the same if they had an important end of season home schedule.

Fair do's. Wasn't aware of the hospitality situation, hence why I asked. If they are getting crowds in their hundreds then I'm not expecting them to have a big issue with hospitality.

Surely they can still use the Hospitality suites at Hampden.

Some of the stuff I've read here is unreal.

Firstly, I'd like to thank all the fans of other clubs who have backed us up. I haven't the time to read back the whole thread so this is from memory.

We do not "technically" own the stadium. Order up copies of the title deeds for Hampden at Registers of Scotland and you will find Queen's Park's name on them. Not Hampden Park Ltd, not the SFA or anyone else, Queen's Park. Regardless of who funds renovations or who manages the place, bottom line, we own it. We've owned it since the early 1900s when we bought the land and built a stadium on it. If anyone can't handle that fact, tough. If it bothers folk so much, buy it off us.

It therefore follows that whether we get crowds of 52,000, 500 or two men and their dogs, we're entitled to play there. Could you imagine owning a house and being told you can't live there at certain times of the year? I can't see Celtic or Rangers being bossed about like that. However, because it's only Queen's Park and their few hundred fans it's alright? No it's not. It's been said elsewhere by others we're more than accommodating when it comes to changing home fixtures. We get the rough end at times too. Playing at Airdrie for a year while our home was turned into an athletics track was no fun. Hardly comparable to poor Celtic being asked to play all of 2 games in Edinburgh.  

We have important home games left, one against Clyde then potentially two play offs. We also do hospitality at every game (I've sampled it before, it's great). Never mind though, we'll bunk into our training venue because Real Celtic and BarcaRangers want a bowling green to play the mind blowing football they both currently produce.

Queen's play on the pitch an average twice a month all year. We only play competitive matches there, no friendlies. The blame for the pitch not coping with that falls elsewhere, not with Queen's Park. It's tiresome, we're an easy target and I for one am sick of it.

You're a Fanny.

Eta: and before you give it the can't win an argument so you resort to an insult shite that's not what's happening. You are absolutely clueless when it comes to lower league football and the clubs in it.

I didn't claim to be a mastermind on lower league football...after all my club is a top flight club battling it out for the title every year. However it really does boil down to the fact that every argument you have thrown up, I have put forward a reasonable solution. You know it's reasonable and don't like it so now your resorting to insults.

Kinda sums up the person you are!

I didn't claim to be a mastermind on lower league football...after all my club is a top flight club battling it out for the title every year. However it really does boil down to the fact that every argument you have thrown up, I have put forward a reasonable solution. You know it's reasonable and don't like it so now your resorting to insults.

Kinda sums up the person you are!

It's not a reasonable solution!!! :lol:

All that is there is a football pitch with changing rooms and 200 or so seats. That's not a fit SPFL venue for f**k sake. A temporary stand and portaloos wouldn't change that.

Fucking hell.

Some of the stuff I've read here is unreal.

Firstly, I'd like to thank all the fans of other clubs who have backed us up. I haven't the time to read back the whole thread so this is from memory.

We do not "technically" own the stadium. Order up copies of the title deeds for Hampden at Registers of Scotland and you will find Queen's Park's name on them. Not Hampden Park Ltd, not the SFA or anyone else, Queen's Park. Regardless of who funds renovations or who manages the place, bottom line, we own it. We've owned it since the early 1900s when we bought the land and built a stadium on it. If anyone can't handle that fact, tough. If it bothers folk so much, buy it off us.

Not arguing with you mate. If you say that is the case then fair enough. Hugh Keevins on Radio Clyde tonight corrected a caller and said the stadium is owned by Hampden Park Ltd. You might want to take it up with him for giving out the wrong information.

It therefore follows that whether we get crowds of 52,000, 500 or two men and their dogs, we're entitled to play there. Could you imagine owning a house and being told you can't live there at certain times of the year? I can't see Celtic or Rangers being bossed about like that. However, because it's only Queen's Park and their few hundred fans it's alright? No it's not. It's been said elsewhere by others we're more than accommodating when it comes to changing home fixtures. We get the rough end at times too. Playing at Airdrie for a year while our home was turned into an athletics track was no fun. Hardly comparable to poor Celtic being asked to play all of 2 games in Edinburgh.

The SFA also pay money for the use of the stadium so you have to co-exist and given they only use the stadium a number of times a year, I don't think it's unreasonable to maybe be more accommodating around the semi-finals & final. Especially if Keevins has got it correct and you are wrong.

Queen's play on the pitch an average twice a month all year. We only play competitive matches there, no friendlies. The blame for the pitch not coping with that falls elsewhere, not with Queen's Park. It's tiresome, we're an easy target and I for one am sick of it.

One of your fellow fans raised a good point earlier saying that the pitch didn't have any problems when we rented the stadium for a year so you could be right. Maybe it is since QP stopped looking after the pitch and left it to the SFA or Hampden Park Ltd or whoever the hell owns the stadium.

Maybe the best solution would be to have QP games scheduled so they don't play on the pitch maybe 2-3 weeks before the semi-finals. Problem solved.

Anyway, this conversation got twisted by those looking to have an argument. The proposal was only if the pitch needed re-laid then could a temporary measure not be for QP to move for a couple of games to allow the pitch time to bed.

I don't think the idea to relay the pitch for this weekends games was the greatest idea.

One of your fellow fans raised a good point earlier saying that the pitch didn't have any problems when we rented the stadium for a year so you could be right. Maybe it is since QP stopped looking after the pitch and left it to the SFA or Hampden Park Ltd or whoever the hell owns the stadium.

How many more times do I need to say? Queen's Park own it. Hampden Park Ltd manage it. Don't listen to what Keevins tells you. He's a half wit.

Has anyone actually been to Lesser Hampden? No way would it be suitable for QP in SPFL - it has a couple of hundred open seats. It's not a stadium.

https://andyfuryfootballgrounds.wordpress.com/2015/06/05/lesser-hampden-queens-park-occasionally/comment-page-1/

EDIT: Has it been convincingly demonstrated that QP games are the 'problem', anyway?

wpid-img_7842.jpg

wpid-img_7919.jpg

What is the new bit with the verandas? I've been at games there and been in the old building behind the seats. The SFA should be thinking about doing it up a bit with some cover and standing room. It could be used for age group games.

Archived