Championship POTY

Guest Back Post Misses

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I am much the same with 

Waghorn and McKay

I would have selected McGeogh at Hibs but he has been injured a lot recently so I think I will go for Cummings

I don't get the McKay thing, any time I've seen him this season he's beaten his man easily, cut back to beat him again, got tackled and the ball's gone out of play. I was at the Morton game a few weeks back with a mate who's a ST holder at Ibrox and he said he drives him mad with his failure to be a winger.

As a result:

Martyn Waghorn (Rangers)

Liam Henderson (Hibernian)

Jason Holt (Rangers)

No idea how consistent Henderson has been, but he looked on a completely different planet against us in the 3-2 game. He should have trouble slotting into that Celtic midfield (slot on the bench behind Johannsen) next season.

Holt's also impressed me against us, very, very clever player and isn't hampered in the slightest by the fact he's about 3"7 which is something that you only see rarely in this league. Waghorn's the obvious one, aye he might score hunners of penalties, but he's quick, strong and can create something out of nothing.

I suspect the list however will be:

Waghorn

Wallace

Cummings

Because that's normally how they do it. Top scorer, Champions 'standout', other high profile player.

Waghorn for the amount of goals he has scored alone.

Traviner for goals/assists and also comedy defending

Denny Johnstone the only player I have seen out-muscle Peter Grant for a full 90 minutes. 

Waghorn (Rangers), Key player for Rangers this season

Baird (Falkirk), constant PIA for any defender and has a good goals return

McGinn (Hibs), Henderson has also impressed me but when's the last time a championship player got a game for Scotland and didn't look out of place.

I suspect it will mainly be Rangers bods though after the season they've had.

Wallace

McGinn

Foderingham

Thought the Rangers keeper looked dodgy at the start of the season but he proved me wrong, he has saved Rangers a few points this season and it's more down to him with the high number of clean sheets than the defenders in front of him.

What's the big fuss about Andy Halliday? He's a complete rectum and will be found out even further along side Kiernan and Waghorn.

For me though -

John Baird of Falkirk

John McGinn of Hibernian

And quite rightly, Nicky Law of The Rangers.

Archived