Hurlford v Pollok

Stujay

Correct me if I am wrong here, but did this club not state due to the "MAJOR" drainage issues last season, they would be conducting extensive works throughout the close season so these postponements never happened again??

Yet during the close season what work took place ? Yip you guessed it sweet fek all.

It's funny that a week past there when this weeks opponents were handed a free week, the HURLFORD representative at a meeting raised the very question of sporting integrity because they felt that Pollok had an unfair advantage as Hurlford had a game before the semi final tie, yet what happened? Yip u guessed it, game off, the very same as what happened a few seasons ago.

Tut tut

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The park is waterlogged get over it. It's a massive set back for Hurlford who have fixtures coming out of their lugs where Pollok don't. I'm assuming it means Hurlford's schedule fixture with Beith on 20 April is now scrapped too.

I assume the April 20th fixture should be unaffected. Hurlford need to play their games at some point.

The park is waterlogged get over it. It's a massive set back for Hurlford who have fixtures coming out of their lugs where Pollok don't. I'm assuming it means Hurlford's schedule fixture with Beith on 20 April is now scrapped too.

Maybe could organise a game for us & Beith on the 20th now?

Correct me if I am wrong here, but did this club not state due to the "MAJOR" drainage issues last season, they would be conducting extensive works throughout the close season so these postponements never happened again??

Yet during the close season what work took place ? Yip you guessed it sweet fek all.

It's funny that a week past there when this weeks opponents were handed a free week, the HURLFORD representative at a meeting raised the very question of sporting integrity because they felt that Pollok had an unfair advantage as Hurlford had a game before the semi final tie, yet what happened? Yip u guessed it, game off, the very same as what happened a few seasons ago.

Tut tut

That is accurate and was embarrassing to be frank. Your man with the briefcase was telling us that backers said that the pitch work would have to come out of the playing budget but the manager didn't want that. Great team however the pitch and only one tiny covered terrace says everything about long term planning. 

Every other round is one game so should the semis. Two legs diminishes the occasion. If 1st leg is 6-0 , 2nd leg is...pointless.

two legs doesn't diminish the Champions League, for example, and I can't recall any semis with first leg humpings since the format was introduced in the Scottish. It's been a decent idea imo.

No advances on anything as far as I am aware which is disappointing , plus East Ayrshire are no help . This carry on hurts hurlfords season more than anyone else

And quite rightly so! If we were playing in the semi and the game was off I would be absolutely gutted.look at the day it is out there.talbot had problems previously with their drainage and had to deal with it I suggest Hurlford do the same.

Did the park hurt Hurlford last season when they failed to win the league?or maybe just beaten by a more deserving team?

The council are not great but man up and get things moving or you will be in the same sinario this time next year.

And quite rightly so! If we were playing in the semi and the game was off I would be absolutely gutted.look at the day it is out there.talbot had problems previously with their drainage and had to deal with it I suggest Hurlford do the same.Did the park hurt Hurlford last season when they failed to win the league?or maybe just beaten by a more deserving team?The council are not great but man up and get things moving or you will be in the same sinario this time next year.

Yes. Absolutely gutted as charged.

It definitely hurt our league chances last season but I still think we would have fallen short as Talbot were the best team and I would say that the last three postponements have virtually killed off this season's league title chances, but as you point out it's the club's responsibility to fix it.

I'm surprised that this fixture hadn't been provisionally rescheduled for tomorrow as the 9th and 10th were the original dates for the 1st legs to be played and the weather forecast is favourable. I haven't seen the pitch this week so don't know if this would have been a viable option. Would have thought covers would do the trick prior to any heavy or prolonged rain forecast but no doubt I'll be corrected on this.

Cmon The'FORD

Joke of a club! No time for them.

The baws burst.

Enjoy your last season in the big league cos from what I hear from various sources things are gonna be very different next season hence no further investment in the park or playing squad.

Must have players injured as I find it very hard to believe that the park is unplayable.

Strange that during the torrential downpours of the winter months I don't think there was even one game called off, yet we have come back into a relatively dry period and BOOM the park is unplayable. Strange that ain't it, oh and let's blame a drain outside the park #stainpoke

If the drain is causing that much trouble to the park surely you would have had more games off during the winter??

Tell the truth, the big picture is you are carrying some injuries or you would have gladly swapped venues, as you have got plenty of time with game being called off this morning, that way the drain can be cleared and the pitch given time to dry out.

Dear o dear, embarrassment of a club

the only part in this post which is correct is your name

Aye lets all put players, committee and supporters lives on hold for the highly likely event it gets called off again!

Sorry for even suggesting I upset your otherwise planned Sunday afternoon but if they game was played tomorrow it would put the 2nd leg back on track to be played next week as originally planned and you could have fans from the "twisted sisters" (Old Firm) there to boost the gate. Or do you have any alternative constructive suggestions? Personally I would have asked If Beechwood was an option (for a fee) as they are at Peasie today.

Cmon The'FORD

Sorry for even suggesting I upset your otherwise planned Sunday afternoon but if they game was played tomorrow it would put the 2nd leg back on track to be played next week as originally planned and you could have fans from the "twisted sisters" (Old Firm) there to boost the gate. Or do you have any alternative constructive suggestions? Personally I would have asked If Beechwood was an option (for a fee) as they are at Peasie today.

Cmon The'FORD

I must have missed it on the news. Why was the Petrofac Cup Final between Rangers and Peterhead postponed?

Gutted the game is not on . Work had been done on the drainage preseason but obviously it hasn't worked so I hope the club have plans to rectify it a soon as it can be possible done .

No last season hurlford where beaten by the best team there's no doubt in that

Can you please enlighten us to what work was carried out on your park? As I'm in that area most days and never seen anyone working on the pitch with regards drainage.

Can you please enlighten us to what work was carried out on your park? As I'm in that area most days and never seen anyone working on the pitch with regards drainage.

Before he does that, can you enlighten us as to which injured players caused Hurlford and the referee to conspire to postpone the match?

Archived