Hurlford v Pollok

Stujay

Really embarrassing that after another relativity okay week that the pitch is unplayable more than 24hrs before kick off. Hurlford need to sort their pitch out. Surely they have to have a back up available for next week be it a good enough local grass pitch, a decent 4g like Largs or Newlandsfield. Makes a mockery of the Scottish cup.

It pished dwn in killie all week yday has been the only dry day

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And your point is caller , what do you want done ? Do you wish to bring a grievance ? Is there a rule been broken?

I'd make one hell of a caller if i got going pal, just find it odd and wondering what circumstances are different in this occasion? pretty simple really.  

I'd make one hell of a caller if i got going pal, just find it odd and wondering what circumstances are different in this occasion? pretty simple really.  

I don't really understand the circumstances/point you are referring to either Killiepiyo.

Hurlford beat us fair and square in the last game but the park was terrible. These guys have to play on it most weeks so you have to take yer hat off to them. I think this Hurlford team have the effort in them to win the cup.

The Semi Finals ,IMO,should still be played at a senior ground on a Friday night.

The senior teams fees were becoming unsustainable so the decision was made to change it to 2 legs. Personally think it's a great idea although we haven't experienced it as yet.

They tried to vertidrain the pitch today if anything it made the surface worse , you more than anyone know how shit the drainage is , and in my opinion the Talbot game shouldn't have been played but it was , as has been already said it was the match ref who has called it off. As for the auld guy that said this or that either leave it alone or make a grievance . Auld guys are auld guys they know everything

We played the week after Talbot & some of the park was cutting up but all in it was decent all things considered . Having seen some of the issues we've had this season I can fully empathise . Ford would have been desperate to play this but if the park wasn't playable earlier it definitely won't be tomorrow morning . So fair play in calling the early decision

They tried to vertidrain the pitch today if anything it made the surface worse , you more than anyone know how shit the drainage is , and in my opinion the Talbot game shouldn't have been played but it was 

Ground staff work hard doing what they can, been out there myself on many many occasions (your welcome lol). Was there any advance on getting the drainage gravel pits dug in?       

The senior teams fees were becoming unsustainable so the decision was made to change it to 2 legs. Personally think it's a great idea although we haven't experienced it as yet.

I know it was down to money.I just think it gives the Junior Cup Semi more of an occasion playing it at say,St Mirren Park or Fir Park on a Friday night

I know it was down to money.I just think it gives the Junior Cup Semi more of an occasion playing it at say,St Mirren Park or Fir Park on a Friday night

Only done it twice as a youth. 1st one wasn't a nice experience down at Somerset . The 2nd one at Rugby Park was a lot better & know what your saying but when half the match takings going for hire of the park it makes sense to play 2 legs . Imagine there will be over 1000 at Bellsdale tomorrow & depends how the 1st leg goes it will be the same at Abbey Park next week . Add on hospitality , food sales etc then it's a no brainer . Even with the gate getting split 3 ways

Only done it twice as a youth. 1st one wasn't a nice experience down at Somerset . The 2nd one at Rugby Park was a lot better & know what your saying but when half the match takings going for hire of the park it makes sense to play 2 legs . Imagine there will be over 1000 at Bellsdale tomorrow & depends how the 1st leg goes it will be the same at Abbey Park next week . Add on hospitality , food sales etc then it's a no brainer . Even with the gate getting split 3 ways

With this game being off I'm sure a few will head to bellsdale for the other semifinal (assuming it goes ahead rating in Beith now) so might be a bigger crowd than was expected.

Remember a few years back Holm Park was deemed unsuitable for Clydebank to play a semi final tie, ironically against Pollok. Why hasn't Blair Park been looked upon the same way. The pitch at Yoker is in better condition the only difference is Hurlford has terracing on all 4 sides of the park.

I doubt I'm not the only Talbot fan hoping we get league games the next two Saturdays as well, and a decent return out of them. Every cloud....

I would agree that this virtually kills off any chance Hurlford still had in the league title race.

Is it or is it not against the rules to have an inspection the day before the game?

This morning's inspection was carried out by the sjfa appointed match referee Craig Napier, so I'm guessing that its not against the rules. I could be wrong though!

Archived