League Cup Draw

Patches O'Houlihan

They did NB. Do you not remember ;)?

They listed a triallist goalkeeper in their R2 tie v Preston and got expelled from the competition.

Edinburgh City didn't pass the groupstage (faint 'hurrah') used to pad-out the season due to only 14 clubs.

Once again the knockouts ran parallel with playoffs.

They did NB. Do you not remember ;)?

They listed a triallist goalkeeper in their R2 tie v Preston and got expelled from the competition.

Edinburgh City didn't pass the groupstage (faint 'hurrah') used to pad-out the season due to only 14 clubs.

Once again the knockouts ran parallel with playoffs.

Knock out defo better than regionalised league cup for sure though there's one or two local ties this season :D

Just a pity the champions have to miss out whether pre or end season.

Wi the champions no in it, I still think it defects the comp.

• 2 weeks later...

R1 results:

Wednesday 20th April

Whitehill Welfare 1-2 Spartans (aet)

Saturday 23rd April

Gala Fairydean Rovers 6-1 Vale of Leithen

Edinburgh University 4-1 Preston Athletic

Cumbernauld Colts WO-X Threave Rovers

Gretna 2008 2-1 BSC Glasgow

East Kilbride 3-2 Stirling University (aet)

R2 ties:

Friday 29th April

Cumbernauld Colts v Edinburgh University

Saturday 30th April

East Kilbride v Gala Fairydean Rovers

Gretna 2008 v Selkirk

Spartans v Dalbeattie Star

BBC Sport and Statto are good bets for results and tables (you also get goalscorers on BBC). League Table page on the Vale of Leithen site also very good.

EOS website - which is little more than data but is highly accurate with it - includes the EOS Qualifying Cup and South Challenge Cup. You're on your own as far as LL Cup is concerned, it's just what's on the LL website/club websites/here. Think goal scorers appeared in papers.

A repeat of last years final, hopefully be a different end result. Think Gretna will thrive with the underdog tag.

Think the league board need to have a rethink with this competition though.

Timing all wrong, starting a cup comp after the signing deadline is ridiculous especially as trialists cannot be played and suspensions after 2 bookings. This probably wouldn't of seen Threave kicked out.

And it's obviously a little tainted with City opting out (100% see why tho)

I came for a bit of stick in an earlier post for suggesting the format should have retained a knock out format in the earlier stages. Obviously I'm delighted with the outcome but I still have the jiggly feeling that one of the two major trophies of our league seems like an afterthought?

Archived