West Premier final standings

Because of the number of games in hand Talbot have over Pollok.

But hey maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it's better to give everyone maximum points or a number to two decimal places.

Never said you were wrong, asked a question.

But what you are pointing out is because Talbot have games to spare and are not many points behind they are in a good position. Which is no different to what I pointed out, but maybe some simple stats blow you mind!

Glad I changed it from the 10 decimal places I had it originally!

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've found the standard deviations of possible points, goal difference per match and points per match and put them into an algorithm based on the outcomes of these.

As of 2nd April, here are the standings:

(edit, it looked better when I posted it.)

[ol]

[li]Auchinleck

[li]Troon

[li]Hurl ford

[li]Pollok

[li]Kilbirnie

[li]KRR

[li]Glenafton

[li]Beith

[li]Arthurlie

[li]Shettleston

[li]Petershill

[li]Irvine Meadow

[/ol]

Oh FFS, some minds have just been blown!!  

Don't get me wrong, I love a stat as much as the next man but just in a more grounded form. Carry on though. There's nothing on the telly.

I know JB, they've cancelled Gotham for fk Neighbors this week!

Talbot ---------- 53pts

Hurlford -------- 50pts

Troon ----------- 46pts

Pollok ----------- 40pts

Glenafton ------- 39pts

Beith ------------ 37 pts

Petershill -------- 36pts

Kilbirnie --------- 36pts

Shettleston ------33pts

Arthurlie --------- 30 pts

lrvine Meadow --- 26 pts

Talbot ---------- 53pts

Hurlford -------- 50pts

Troon ----------- 46pts

Pollok ----------- 40pts

Glenafton ------- 39pts

Beith ------------ 37 pts

Petershill -------- 36pts

Kilbirnie --------- 36pts

Shettleston ------33pts

Arthurlie --------- 30 pts

lrvine Meadow --- 26 pts

Is that a prediction Larky?

Is that the TV cook who thinks she's it?

No, JB it's on ITV between 2100hrs, & 2200hrs, police drama, very good.

I would rate it about the same as Talbots Wullie Lyle.

Think it will be the closest run thing since the league started, and that can only be good for the game. Much as I love seeing my team winning titles and cups, if it becomes the norm it can have a totally negative impact on the game - look at the dominance of Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City and  Arsenal over the last few years - in both the FAC and Premier League - and it's easy to see how the league is now rejuvennated because of the title being chased by Leicester City with Spurs in second place. It's caused interest.

Of course I want to see Talbot winning the title for four years in a row but other clubs will do one of two things is that happens (a) they will concentrate on not getting relegated rather than mounting a genuine title challenge, or (b) they will spend ridiculous sums of money to try and compete. It's caused Irvine Meadow immeasurable harm having gone down that route, and Hurlford will undoubtedly follow at some time in the none too distant future.

Think a points total in the mid forties will win it, well below our previous three seasons total of 62 points, 56 points and last years total of 51 points. Interesting to note that the bottom three in the Super League this season, Arthurlie, Petershill and Irvine Meadow were each runners up in those seasons.

Most years 26 does the job. Can Shettleston win 2 from 5? That for me is the question. If the answer is yes then an established team is facing the play-off. Glens and Ladeside have lost a bit of form but have decent run ins. Beith have the hardest fixtures, are still in 3 cups and have lost some mid week dates due to the Scottish. A play-off would be a fixture nightmare for them. I suspect the Beith-Arthurlie double header will decide things.

Most years 26 does the job. Can Shettleston win 2 from 5? That for me is the question. If the answer is yes then an established team is facing the play-off. Glens and Ladeside have lost a bit of form but have decent run ins. Beith have the hardest fixtures, are still in 3 cups and have lost some mid week dates due to the Scottish. A play-off would be a fixture nightmare for them. I suspect the Beith-Arthurlie double header will decide things.

I think how we deal with the fixture congestion will determine where we finish in the league. Think we have been very unlucky in the league this season. Can think of 3 games off the top of my head that we drew and should have won comfortably. The cup run and performances in general this season make me quite confident of finishing mid table as long as the inevitable 4 games a week don't kill us.

Archived