West Premier final standings

Sitting bored so I thought I would do a Wee table of how the teams will finish come the seasons end

The 1st table is gonna be the maximum amount of points teams can get. Obviously not everyone can win so I will update it every week with the maximum points & league positions changed. Hopefully you will find it interesting & join in & if no well a don't really care

So hear goes .

League table

1 Auchinleck. 55

2 Ladeside. 51

3 Hurlford. 50

4. Beith. 48

5. Glenafton. 47

6 Rob Roy. 47

7 Troon. 46

8 Pollok. 44

9 Arthurlie. 44

10 Shettleston. 36

11 Petershill. 35

12 Meadow. 32

So at the moment Meadow & Peasies are down with Shettleston in the play offs . Will this change & where do you think your team or for that matter the others finish in relative to where I have them just now?

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a good idea. The east region website shows this but the west one doesn't so it's good to see and saves me having to deploy my questionable maths skills to work it out for myself.

Meadow maybe aren't quite as doomed as I'd thought although I'd still bet heavily on them going down. Also surprised to see that self proclaimed emerging powerhouse Pollok might finish bottom half.

If we finish 9th and get to the Scottish final then we won't particularly care. Not everyone can reach maximum points and I fancy another 9 points at least so we will see where we end up. Top 6 and comfortably for us. Fancy Shettleston to do enough to avoid 10th as well. Have a decent number of points on the board.

9th to 2nd the difference is only 7 points potentially, just shows there's not a lot of difference in quality between the sides, the west prem is a very competitive this season, lots of twists and turns to be had in the run in.

Based on current points per game the league is looking like below (so a good change of form is needed from someone to topple Talbot)

Talbot 2.08

Troon 1.75

Pollok 1.71

Hurlford 1.67

KRR 1.64

Glenafton 1.54

KL 1.50

Beith 1.36

Shettleston 1.24

Lie 1.17

Peasie 0.93

Meadow 0.38

Based on current points per game the league is looking like below (so a good change of form is needed from someone to topple Talbot)

Talbot 2.08

Troon 1.75

Pollok 1.71

Hurlford 1.67

KRR 1.64

Glenafton 1.54

KL 1.50

Beith 1.36

Shettleston 1.24

Lie 1.17

Peasie 0.93

Meadow 0.38

Great stats bud. Could you possibly update these along with mine as the league goes on ?

Great stats bud. Could you possibly update these along with mine as the league goes on ?

Do my best, unfortunately copy and pasting tables into P&B doesn't come out very well so had to type it in instead.

But if the thread continues will try and update.

Do my best, unfortunately copy and pasting tables into P&B doesn't come out very well so had to type it in instead.

But if the thread continues will try and update.

Cheers bud .

Al be doing ma but every Sunday or maybe Monday if av been too rough on the Sunday lol

Sorry to pee on your bonfire, boys but I can't see any value in these. The league table proper is the only real guide and right now it suggests Talbot to win it and Meadow are away.

Can I ask if the league table is the only 'real guide' and Pollok are top how you say it suggests Talbot will win it, how you came to that conclusion?

Can I ask if the league table is the only 'real guide' and Pollok are top how you say it suggests Talbot will win it, how you came to that conclusion?

Because of the number of games in hand Talbot have over Pollok.

But hey maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it's better to give everyone maximum points or a number to two decimal places.

I've found the standard deviations of possible points, goal difference per match and points per match and put them into an algorithm based on the outcomes of these.

As of 2nd April, here are the standings:

(edit, it looked better when I posted it.)

1. Auchinleck
  2. Troon
  3. Hurlford
  4. Pollok
  5. Kilbirnie
  6. KRR
  7. Glenafton
  8. Beith
  9. Arthurlie
  10. Shettleston
  11. Petershill
  12. Irvine Meadow

Because of the number of games in hand Talbot have over Pollok.

But hey maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it's better to give everyone maximum points or a number to two decimal places.

Just a bit of interest between now & the seasons end. An like I said if your no interested then who cares . Just ignore the post

Archived