Centre back

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Stephen Kingsley got a start for Swansea yesterday I noticed. Scored an o.g but looks like he played centre back? Possible option for the future hopefully. 

edit: think he might have been a fullback but apparently has played centre back whilst on loan 

Stephen Kingsley got a start for Swansea yesterday I noticed. Scored an o.g but looks like he played centre back? Possible option for the future hopefully.

Played 3 games for them and they have won all 3.

Great talent.

Hanley is pretty dreadful and Martin not much better. Definitely our weakest position.

From the very limited stuff I've seen of him this season, and what I've heard, Martin hasn't exactly been having a great time of it the last year. He's always been relatively decent for us, but I agree, we're weakest where 10 years ago it might have been where we were best.

Hanley always does well for us. He might give the impression of being a bomb scare but he isn't. He's also a lot quicker than he looks. I'm hopeful about Souttar and his massive wee brother.

edit: think he might have been a fullback but apparently has played centre back whilst on loan

Swansea fans absolutely raving about him. Saying he's the best they've had in that position for years and should be a regular.

Also, I wouldn't blame him too much for the own goal and his assist for the first was a peach

We all dream of a team of Gordon Greers.

Scotland have still not lost a match in which Gordon Greer has played. Going by that logic, a team of Gordon Greer's would probably win us the World Cup. 

Crazy how we've got 3 decent young left backs in Robertson, Tierney, Kingsley and then we've the likes of Anya and Wallace albeit Anya doesn't play LB for us.

Watch WGS now start Mulgrew.

Crazy how we've got 3 decent young left backs in Robertson, Tierney, Kingsley and then we've the likes of Anya and Wallace albeit Anya doesn't play LB for us.

Watch WGS now start Mulgrew.

Anya is right footed and plays right back. He won't for us though.

Archived