Striking Options

kenny131

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its true though, Watt just has more talent and more about him. May is decent but limited.

I'd say one May's strengths is that he is an all round forward, can do a bit of everything and has shown he can be a strong source of goals. I haven't seen anything in Watt that makes me think he's significantly better.

At all levels - club achievements, international recognition and, I'd argue, style of play - they really aren't too disimilar

I'd say one May's strengths is that he is an all round forward, can do a bit of everything and has shown he can be a strong source of goals. I haven't seen anything in Watt that makes me think he's significantly better.

At all levels - club achievements, international recognition and, I'd argue, style of play - they really aren't too disimilar

They are but Watt is just more talented, better technically, definitelyy carries the ball much better too. I think he's just a better player with more potential.

Do we have any young players in u21 we could chance an arm with?

This is the top scoring Scottish strikers that were born in 1994 or after and playing in the top two divisions in the country

Jason Cummings - 21

Lawrence Shankland - 8

Gary Oliver - 5

Ryan Hardie - 4

Chris Kane - 4

Declan McManus - 4

Not a lot of goals there and 5 of the 6 are playing in the second tier.

This is the top scoring Scottish strikers that were born in 1994 or after and playing in the top two divisions in the country

Jason Cummings - 21

Lawrence Shankland - 8

Gary Oliver - 5

Ryan Hardie - 4

Chris Kane - 4

Declan McManus - 4

Tbf to Hardie he has only been at us for 4/5 games so the 4 goals is a good return, also from what I've seen he could easily make the step up to the premier, if he lives up to his promise he's going to be very exciting in the future.

Jason Cummings - 21

Lawrence Shankland - 8

Gary Oliver - 5

Ryan Hardie - 4

Chris Kane - 4

Declan McManus - 4

That's quite a damning stat that Kane is the only one in the top flight. I like the kid, he's a natural finisher, but he's never going to play for Scotland. It's worrying there's nobody else tbh b

That's quite a damning stat that Kane is the only one in the top flight. I like the kid, he's a natural finisher, but he's never going to play for Scotland. It's worrying there's nobody else tbh b

In the Scottish Premiership, Scottish strikers born 1994 or after

Chris Kane - 4

Eamonn Brophy - 2

Robbie Muirhead - 2

Craig Wighton - 1

AND THAT'S IT.  Only 9 goals.

Chris Kane - 4

Eamonn Brophy - 2

Robbie Muirhead - 2

Craig Wighton - 1

Quick - get 'em capped!

ETA: would be really interesting (and hopefully not as depressing) to see the same stats for Scottish eligible players down south.

Chris Kane - 4

Eamonn Brophy - 2

Robbie Muirhead - 2

Craig Wighton - 1

Greg Kiltie has played striker for us, born after that and has 4 also. Get it right ha

Archived