Striking Options

kenny131

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Naismith highlighted on motd for causing problems in the space behind a striker. His best position imo.

Fletcher

Anya-Naismith-Snodgrass

For me

Would love someone to displace Fletcher, just can't see it for now. Watched Rhodes on Friday, I just don't see him as someone to lead a lone furrow at international level. I rate Griffiths but I don't think he is able to hold the ball up quite as well. Mccormack provably should have had more chances but unfortunately it just seems a bit late for him to force his way in

Watt should be in the mix. Pace, power, reasonable height and natural ability.

Could say the same with Stevie May. Both are not really making waves in the English second tier. Worth keeping an eye on but to be called up regularly you really should be delivering for your club.

No you couldn't.

Hmm, May is 2 inches shorter, fair enough, but he has a bit of pace (not lightning, but fast enough, like Watt), is strong and has a good all-round game. 

Watt's done nothing to convince me he's any better than May so far - both look like potentially good forwards.

Hmm, May is 2 inches shorter, fair enough, but he has a bit of pace (not lightning, but fast enough, like Watt), is strong and has a good all-round game.

Watt's done nothing to convince me he's any better than May so far - both look like potentially good forwards.

Watt is just a better player. He could play at a far higher level than May on account of natural talent. It's up to him and all that.

Watt is just a better player. He could play at a far higher level than May on account of natural talent. It's up to him and all that.

Based on how many managers seem willing to take a chance on Watt, you might be right. It remains to be proven though. May's career record is stronger as things stand and as mentioned, both are currently much of a muchness situation-wise, struggling to make a splash in the English Championship.

Harsh to say Mays "not delivering" when hes been crocked since November....

Can't see him or Watt ever being good enough for International level though

Harsh to say Mays "not delivering" when hes been crocked since November....

Can't see him or Watt ever being good enough for International level though

Didn't mean to gloss over the fact he's injured - was just going by his first season at Wednesday. 7 goals in 42 games and largely relegated to the bench for the second half of the season.

As for him and Watt, I suspect we'll come to a point where S Fletcher and Naismith retire (both knocking on 30) or drop to lower-league clubs, then we'll have no other option than to work with the likes of Watt, May etc as backup to Griffiths, Rhodes. Unless, of course, a teenage striking sensation explodes onto the scene... Jack Harper?  :ph34r:

Archived