Striking Options

kenny131

Probably our worst talentEd area is the striker, I, m not sure if it's there quality or the way we play, but it's been decades since we had a genuine attacker who you could rely on to bag the goals in big games.

Fletcher/ seems to be our best option occasionly brings others into the game

Griffiths / unsure as he seems to play everywhere except through the middle

Martin / fucking howling footballer

Naismith / not really an all out striker but gets some big goals now and again.

Do we have any young players in u21 we could chance an arm with?

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 goals in 23 matches when you exclude his goals against part-timers Gibraltar. You think that is our best option? Get help man.

Never really noticed his record was that bad outwith the GIB games terrible return actually

Martin might as well have gone for a burger. didn't even notice him once.

That said, Griffiths really struggled to get anything out of the pitiful service and I reckon naismith, Rhodes, McCormack etc would all have drawn a blank tonight.

Cummings and mcburnie did okay in the u21 game today but neither look remotely ready to step up.

Do we have any young players in u21 we could chance an arm with?

Probably not ready to make the step-up yet but in a few years I think Ryan Hardie could progress into an important player for the national team. 

I can see a case for Fletcher, McCormack and Griffiths, but Martin? He offered zilch the other night and has not once offered anything of note. It's hardly like he was even noticeable against Gibraltar. People were willing to write Rhodes off based on lack of zip and mobility, but I'd say Martin has shown a lot less than Rhodes ever has in a Scotland top. It says a lot as well that nobody has tried to buy him from Derby.

Fletcher is first choice and has done reasonably well for us since coming back. I know majority of his goals are against Gibraltar but he contributes to other goals and brings folk into play.

Griffiths should be able to come in and do a job but doesn't seem to be able to cut it against better opposition. I'll give him a chance if he gets the nod though.

Mccormack should be in squad as he proved against Czechs he can do a job plus consistently scores at championship level.

Rhodes should be in aswell, he's better than martin in my opinion, scores for fun at championship, holds ball up well and plays lone frontman more than folk think.

Naisy will always give you 100% and has an eye for goal when given the chance. Plus wins a lot of headers for a guy under 6ft.

After that you have Martin who's showed me nothing in a Scotland jersey, Watt who's yet to feature. Boy Burke maybe could play there? 

Archived