Our Strongest XI

Marshmallo

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should try something different and go 3-5-2, I think we have the wing backs to patrol the flanks on their own and that formation really allows you to absolutely dominate the midfield battle

-------------------Gordon----------------------------

-----Martin---Hanley---Mulgrew------------

Anya---------------------------------------Robertson

-------Morrison--Fletcher---Bannan---------

--------------Griffiths-------McCormack-----

Guest DAVIDB69

I think it's fairly competitive when you compare it to other pot 3/4 teams.

But that is it or so called best elevens won't take us into the top 2 of a group

But that is it or so called best elevens won't take us into the top 2 of a group

Well quite.  I didn't say Scotland's strongest XI would get to a tournament did I?

If people like Fletcher or McArthur better than Brown then that's up to them but I can't believe people are leaving out James Morrison.

Our one all round central midfielder.

I think it should be Fletcher paired with either McArthur or Morrison depending on who we are playing. Or even Fletcher and McArthur with Morrison in front of them.

There isn't really a correct answer and it's good to have some options. Wish we had the same problems at CB.

Guest DAVIDB69

I think it should be Fletcher paired with either McArthur or Morrison depending on who we are playing. Or even Fletcher and McArthur with Morrison in front of them.

There isn't really a correct answer and it's good to have some options. Wish we had the same problems at CB.

Morrison another injured a lot player and another one about to hit 30 another one Strachan is loyalty to without question.

Would assume he is off to the championship in the summer as his contract is up

If people like Fletcher or McArthur better than Brown then that's up to them but I can't believe people are leaving out James Morrison.

James Morrison is one of our best players IMO. Very under rated. His composure, use of the ball and often unseen ability to make smart runs to create space is vital to us. And always seems to pop up with a goal or assist.

Morrison another injured a lot player and another one about to hit 30 another one Strachan is loyalty to without question.

Would assume he is off to the championship in the summer as his contract is up

You mad, bro?

It's only when you see everyones best XI written down that you realise just how awful our standard is at the moment. James Morrison and Matt Ritchie are easily our two best players. Hutton and Whittaker easily our worst. Slim pickings, but I would go for:

Marshall

Anya  Martin  Hanley  Robertson

Fletcher ©  Morrison

Naismith Snodgrass Ritchie

McCormack

Morrison is a cracking player but with the way we're likely to be playing I'm not sure who I'd leave out from my team cause I definitely want Ritchie and Snodgrass in there. Anya's pace is invaluable too.

Guest DAVIDB69

You mad, bro?

I don't think he has signed a new contract I may be wrong but at 30 his career won't be going upwards

I don't think he has signed a new contract I may be wrong but at 30 his career won't be going upwards

He's West Brom's best player.  If he leaves WBA, it won't be for the Championship.

Archived