Relegation battle, who will prevail?

With both Brechin and Cowden I think it will be Forfar who are sentenced to (automatic) relegation.

predictions in bold

Actual results underlined

Forfar's run-in:

Peterhead (H) W

Dunfermline (A) D

Airdrie (H) L

Albion Rovers (A) L

Brechin (H) D

Woul be exceptional to take any points in there next two games imo, Peterhead will be looking to bounce back and get some good momentum going into the playoffs, followed by an away trip to the champions, then home and away to two teams chasing the playoffs, rounding off with what could be an absolutely huge final game at home to Brechin, but to be honest I think they will be relegated before that game comes about.

Brechin's run-in:

Stenny (H) W

Cowden (A) L

Peterhead (H) W

Stranraer (H) W

Forfar (A) D

Brechin are in terrific form and were very unlucky not to take at least a point at East End, with a Home game against Stenny up next, who have little left to play for, I can't see them losing that one, with games against Cowden and Forfar it really is in their own hands, as long as they don't lose both of those games I think that will see them safe. They seem to have (finally) found the quality to pull of this Great Escape.

Cowden's run-in:

Ayr (H) W

Brechin (H) W

Albion Rovers (A) L D

Stenny (H) L

Stranraer (A) D

Cowden also seeming to have upped their performances a bit, can see them beating Ayr who have been utterly horrid this year and have shown before that they do not like Central Park (not many teams do tbf) and with 3 of their last 5 being played there I can see that giving them a crucial edge in this relegation battle. If they beat Brechin they are safe I think.

That would see the bottom three finish like this:

Stenny >38  Cowden 40

Brechin 38  (Stenny)  4 :o

Cowden 38 Brechin 40

Forfar 34    Forfar 35

Could set up a quite tasty East Fife v Cowden playoff final as well.

Of course, now every single result will be proven to be wrong such is Murphy's law.

Added a tracker to see how the actual results vary from my predictions

only got 4 out of 12 results correct but my standings prediction is scarily accurate (aside from Stenny of course)  :blink:

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the only time in my life I'll be supporting Cowdenbeath and then probably even making a visit to Forfar/Brechin in the play off to hopefully see the other team send them doon whoever it may be.

Mon the Bloo Brazil

Think it'll be all over but the crying by that time tbh, although I'm sure Forfar will be giving their all to at least drag Brechin into the playoffs.

Not sure why the OP is so interested in this tbh?

Probably because my team's season is over already, the only other interesting thing in this league for me now is the Par's promotion party tour (which doesn't really require much discussion) and who's going to lose to 9th in the Champ in the playoffs (which is boring), the relegation battle is actually really interesting, especially with so many games between the involved teams.

Would love a Cowden v East Fife playoff final as well, would definitely go to that.

I hope it's Brechin in 8th and Forfar in the playoffs, but only because I think Forfar would have the best shout of winning them.

Hopefully we dish out our second last relegation battle favour on Saturday.

until yesterday I thought Stenhousemuir and Cowdenbeath would fight over 9th and 10th, then they both get big wins so who knows what is going to happen. From what I saw from Brechin yesterday they could well stay up

Probably because my team's season is over already, the only other interesting thing in this league for me now is the Par's promotion party tour (which doesn't really require much discussion) and who's going to lose to 9th in the Champ in the playoffs (which is boring), the relegation battle is actually really interesting, especially with so many games between the involved teams.

Would love a Cowden v East Fife playoff final as well, would definitely go to that.

Could you please wear an " I am The Messiah " T Shirt. It would be lovely to say hello. ;)

If we end up in the play-offs, a final v Cowden would be brilliant. Not sure my nerves would feel the same way though. If we go up, hope Cowden stay up too. Much more fun than being in the same league as Brechin.

Not sure why the OP is so interested in this tbh?

Because until this season the Loons have had the Pars on their mantle piece and they can't get the memory of being "owned" by a wee team given they're a "big" team. 

Cheerio Forfar. Easy Street Brechin. Coos safe via playoffs.

Another Par who feels the same and proves my previous answer correct.

I'm sure that the Cowden posters would all chip in 50p each and get one printed should the need arise.

Where in Fife can you get a printed t-shirt for £1.50?

I'd give my prediction but sadly my team are totally unpredictable. I think Brechin will gain total safety, Stenny could slip yet but bottom two will be be Cowdenbeath and us but in any order.

Because until this season the Loons have had the Pars on their mantle piece and they can't get the memory of being "owned" by a wee team given they're a "big" team. 

Another Par who feels the same and proves my previous answer correct.

Where in Fife can you get a printed t-shirt for £1.50?

I'd give my prediction but sadly my team are totally unpredictable. I think Brechin will gain total safety, Stenny could slip yet but bottom two will be be Cowdenbeath and us but in any order.

It's nothing against Forfar. Cowden looked pretty decent against us and on their terrible pitch our game could have gone either way. Brechin were the best side we've faced in ages and with Spence available again should be too strong for most teams just now. Forfar still have to come to East End and I don't see us taking things lightly just because we've wrapped up the league.

Archived